Renew Your Tickets

Aldo

3 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Alright fellas. He's gone.

Put your literal money where your figurative mouth is.

It's time to support the new direction of the university. It starts with us.

Also - trust me on this - you'll get really awesome seats.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to see who is hired?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

2 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

I thought that we had been assured that the next person would be great and everything would be wonderful if RV was gone...

Let's see who the pick is, but this move is still needed. Very badly needed.

As for me, this has me interested in renewing our basketball seats. 

Like I said earlier in the thread, I've been conditioned to watch for  a crotch kicking...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Army of Dad said:

Let's see who the pick is, but this move is still needed. Very badly needed.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

As for me, this has me interested in renewing our basketball seats. 

Also agreed. I was thinking that I would likely not renew for next season, but I am hopeful that a new AD might look at the situation and make this their first new hire.

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, I've been conditioned to watch for  a crotch kicking...

We all have, but when something that has been asked for happens, especially with all of the rhetoric spouted here about loyalty of some to a person over the university, it seems that waiting for an announcement would be counter to all of that talk.

11 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to see who is hired?

I understand the hesitation, but it is kind of like an extension to the argument that I've heard before: "Why fire RV if the next person could be worse?"

It's about throwing support behind moving forward. The next AD could be the worse AD of all time, but we won't know on June 21st.

2 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Agreed.

Also agreed. I was thinking that I would likely not renew for next season, but I am hopeful that a new AD might look at the situation and make this their first new hire.

We all have, but when something that has been asked for happens, especially with all of the rhetoric spouted here about loyalty of some to a person over the university, it seems that waiting for an announcement would be counter to all of that talk.

Shoot, even if the new guy keeps Benford for one season I might still renew. I've sat through 4 crap seasons of Benford ball, but faith in a new AD might be enough to suck it up for one more. (Though if the new AD ends up reading this, please replace Benford before next season)

As for your last, that wasn't my line...

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I understand the hesitation, but it is kind of like an extension to the argument that I've heard before: "Why fire RV if the next person could be worse?"

It's about throwing support behind moving forward. The next AD could be the worse AD of all time, but we won't know on June 21st.

Ah, but we will very likely know who he/she will be and a good deal about them. 

Besides, if I really want to show the newbie support I'll do it after they are hired!

19 minutes ago, RushnStudies said:

I laughed, but didn't laugh, at this. Does that make sense?

sad truth

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Besides, if I really want to show the newbie support I'll do it after they are hired!

Well this is mostly meant for the "I won't XYZ till RV is fired" folks.

I'm trusting Dr. Smatresk to make a good hire here. He seems to have the university's best interest in both academics and athletics. Rick stepping down was probably coming ever since 66-7 but maybe he didn't want the bad press of the head football coach and AD getting canned in one week. I think we made a quality hire in Seth Littrell, let's see him follow it up!

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

I will seriously consider* re-upping my stadium club donation so that I can move to the next club level.

*Read: Try to convince the wife.

Don't you have to start over if you decide to do that?  Like if you paid $3,125 for silver, and you want to move up to $6,250 whatever color that is, don't you have to put in an additional $6,250?  Like the first donation doesn't build you credit for the next?

Ah, but I digress.  This is severely off topic.

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Don't you have to start over if you decide to do that?  Like if you paid $3,125 for silver, and you want to move up to $6,250 whatever color that is, don't you have to put in an additional $6,250?  Like the first donation doesn't build you credit for the next?

I was told the exact opposite.  Your previous donation to the Stadium Fund (that is what that gift is) IS counted towards the next level.  

• Upvote 1

For your sakes, I hope the new sheriff doesn't re-write all of the rules, like the one they had at Texas that pissed so many people off and drove people away from the program.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

For your sakes, I hope the new sheriff doesn't re-write all of the rules, like the one they had at Texas that pissed so many people off and drove people away from the program.

They apparently can't do a thing to me for another three years because I'm under agreement.  Not that that's a challenge to them or anything, but unlike Texas, I'd think any new AD coming here would realize that he/she isn't exactly trying to get premium prices for a hot open market commodity.  

7 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until RV retires. 

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until I see who is hired as AD.

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until Benford is fired

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until one of the members of the Athletic Staff is nice to me

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until they stop putting so much ice in my drink at Apogee

Please feel free to insert your own lame excuse for not supporting North Texas Athletics

I'm a man of my word, Joe. My position was one of the above; my four season tickets and MGC membership have been renewed.

I have to support Seth in his efforts because I think he and the staff he has assembled will ultimately improve the situation greatly. Sadly, I was prepared to walk away this year if RV was still involved.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

They apparently can't do a thing to me for another three years because I'm under agreement.  Not that that's a challenge to them or anything, but unlike Texas, I'd think any new AD coming here would realize that he/she isn't exactly trying to get premium prices for a hot open market commodity.  

Good point however I still expect some changes to be made, some which I bet will not go over well with the fan base.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until RV retires. 

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until I see who is hired as AD.

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until Benford is fired

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until one of the members of the Athletic Staff is nice to me

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until they stop putting so much ice in my drink at Apogee

Please feel free to insert your own lame excuse for not supporting North Texas Athletics

I just purchased 4 tickets in the Club Level, today, upon hearing the news.  There was not a crowd there so I assume many of you are doing this by phone.  Let's get more butts in the seats and Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 3