• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

So did Alabama and Nebraska actually offer? Vito's article said they just showed interest. Either way he's a stud, but can you clarify @TheReal_jayD?

Johnson, the linebacker from Arizona Western CC, was originally a Nebraska commit although they were no longer recruiting him when we got him.

Thanks for the clarification on Johnson.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great to see a decision with some drama, where NT is in the mix, where God is thanked, where emotions are shown...and then the North Texas hat gets placed on the lid. GMG

Outstanding! Just Outstanding! Thank you Raveon, for choosing the University of North Texas! Congratulations!!! North Texas is your new home! You will love being at North Texas!

14 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

So did Alabama and Nebraska actually offer?

Through the Twitter, Juco Football Frenzy talked about his offers from both and some people congratulating him. Best I could gather.

19 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

So did Alabama and Nebraska actually offer? Vito's article said they just showed interest. Either way he's a stud, but can you clarify @TheReal_jayD?

Raveon said Alabama and Nebraska both offered within the last 2 weeks. West Virginia recruited him hard but never offered. He also said Texas came in real hard the last week. But never offered either 

• Upvote 7
4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Raveon said Alabama and Nebraska both offered within the last 2 weeks. West Virginia recruited him hard but never offered. He also said Texas came in real hard the last week. But never offered either 

Thanks! I was skeptical because none of the guys who cover Bama or Nebraska for rivals or 247 verified the offer, but I doesn't matter either way when it comes to my excitement on getting him.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Thanks! I was skeptical because none of the guys who cover Bama or Nebraska for rivals or 247 verified the offer, but I doesn't matter either way when it comes to my excitement on getting him.

And they won't ever mention it because they don't want to admit we beat them.  Love it.  Please Lord, let Raveon live up to our expectations.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

And they won't ever mention it because they don't want to admit we beat them.  Love it.  Please Lord, let Raveon live up to our expectations.

Absolutely! Defensive front will look a lot different this fall with the addition of these long, fast juco kids. Let's hope they can play!

• Upvote 1
  • Harry unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Coach Andy Mac
      Mike Ekeler, an excitable sort, often prefaces his football stories with phrases such as "Think about this" and "This is the greatest story of all time."
      In January, the 48-year-old native of David City was named special teams coordinator at North Texas. His Mean Green players soon will learn about Ekeler's storytelling prowess, if they haven't already. 
      Think about this one: During the spring of 2010, when Ekeler coached Nebraska's linebackers, he recalls the Husker defense plodding through a terrible Friday practice. So, Ekeler had a message for his linebackers before a scrimmage the next morning.
      Not an official marathon, mind you. In this case, Ekeler had an NU football staff member drop him off on Interstate 80 about 27 miles from Memorial Stadium. It was 90 degrees. The good news: The wind was at his back. The bad news: It was all of 90 degrees. He made it to the 21-mile mark, but not the full 27. We'll get to what happened in a second.
      Read the rest of the story here:  https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-the-story-of-mike-ekelers-aborted-27-mile-run-on-i-80/article_01d10c2f-8fd4-5bd3-8e00-56f72aa57ea7.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    • By Harry
      When Mike Ekeler was playing linebacker at Kansas State University under Hall of Fame coach Bill Snyder in the early 90s, he set a record.
      But you won’t find his name scribbled in the NCAA history books anywhere.
      “When I played a hundred years ago, I set the NCAA record for having more fun than anyone,” Ekeler said jokingly. “When I got into coaching, I said I was going to enjoy it more than anybody.”
      He seems to be living up to his promise.

Ekeler’s antics have caused just about everyone to take notice — including his boss. Head coach Seth Littrell knows the excitement Ekeler brings to the field and summed it up in two words.
      “Energy and passion,” Littrell said. “He’s very sharp. He understands what he’s looking for and understands the scheme.”
      Without Littrell, Ekeler would not have come to Denton. The hiring of Littrell is one of the main reasons Ekeler decided to call North Texas his new home.
      With a resume that has coaching gigs at the University of Southern California, University of Oklahoma, Louisiana State University, Indiana University, Nebraska University, and most recently, the University of Georgia, there is little doubt Ekeler could have landed just about anywhere in the country he wanted to go.
      But coaching is a job for a people person, and Littrell knew just the person to call to fill his defensive coordinator void.
      His former colleague was sold — and ready to join the Mean Green.
      “I’m 100 percent standing here today because of Seth Littrell,” Ekeler said. “I think he’s an unbelievable football coach and a great person. I believe in the guy.”
      Despite a powerhouse pedigree featuring some of the most renowned football programs in the nation, one thing mattered above all else to Ekeler.
      “I’ve worked at some of the greatest schools history-wise in the game,” Ekeler said. “But what it boils down to is people. You can be at the University of Georgia and be miserable if you’re working with shitty people. I really enjoy my work environment and the players here.”
      In just six short weeks, Ekeler has turned what was the eighth-worst defense in the Football Bowl Subdivision last year into a stone wall in the red zone.
      read more: http://ntdaily.com/new-defensive-coordinator-mike-ekeler-helping-change-the-culture-at-north-texas/

• By Harry
      DENTON - There are a lot of factors when considering the career of a college football coach. Success on the field, success in the classroom for your student-athletes, hirings, firings and the excitement each of those may bring to a fan base. 

What isn’t always thought about is the effect those hirings and firings have on not only the coach but his family, and the remainder of the staff’s families.
      read more: http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/093016aab.html
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Images

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.