UNT lands key recruit Raveon Hoston!

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wouldn't assume that.   Weren't we saying the same things about the Orr boys before they BOTH played significantly as Freshmen at TCU & Wisconsin respectively?

Yeah we were. But usually holds true though. The Orr kids went out and took playing time. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

And didn't Bama's entire starting DL get drafted?   Who's to say Raveon can't come in and do the same?   Who knows?

No one knows. But Bama has some studs and for him to crack that 2-deep would be an accomplishment in its own right. I'm honestly not sure he'll be able to do that. If I was a betting man I'd wager against him. Let's just say that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Some NT fans argument for him to come here is that he is not good enough to play at Alabama?  That sure should sway him this way.    

Obviously, Alabama if they offered thinks that he can play there.    NT is not a bad situation for any player and playing with ex-teammates has to be a draw.   Still with Alabama and Nebraska coming in late, it is a long shot for NT.   

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Some NT fans argument for him to come here is that he is not good enough to play at Alabama?  That sure should sway him this way.    

Obviously, Alabama if they offered thinks that he can play there.    NT is not a bad situation for any player and playing with ex-teammates has to be a draw.   Still with Alabama and Nebraska coming in late, it is a long shot for NT.   

Agreed. When bama gets in the picture with any recruit it becomes a long shot regardless of who we are. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not saying he isn't good enough to play at Alabama. Keep in mind that their 3rd string QB from last year has a great chance to start here. I'm saying that the competition for playing time at Bama will be much better than the competition here. Bama brings back:

Jonathan Allen - Senior All-SEC in 2015 

D'Shawn Hand - Junior Played in 8 games in 2015 with 16 tackles and 3 sacks

Dalvin Tomlinson - Senior played in 14 games and had 34 tackles

I'm a big fan of his. I'm hoping that having Wyche here along with Ekeler's relationship and the opportunity to play along side of Bryce English might sway him our way. Having said that, it is really hard to say no to a program that is the reigning national champ who has only 18 losses in the last 9 years and for a coach who has 5 NC rings. 

I am, however, very excited that we got in on a D-line player before Bama and the Huskers. Ekeler is out there eating.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

Our loss, but I can understand what might have led him to make that decision given the facts. Had he chosen someone else I might be really pissed. Best of luck to him and I hope he sniffs the field in order to get a look at the next level. I think Bama sold him on that narrative.

EDIT: But Wait! I was just teasing guys. Raveon!!

200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA