DaMarcus Smith kicked off team

MeanGreenDan

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Also, why would we need to waste 2 scholarships on 2 guys who will only be here for 1 year?

QBs get injured. Ask Baylor if they wish they had more QBs last year. You cant have too many capable QBs on your team.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

You play to win the game!

Hey!  That's my line.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

QBs get injured. Ask Baylor if they wish they had more QBs last year. You cant have too many capable QBs on your team.

At the expense of our thin LBs?   Safeties?    DL?    If a killer WR prospect (which we know, in the Air Raid, are super-important) gets eligible late, don't we want to grab him with that last schollie?  Or do we want an insurance policy for Morris?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

At the expense of our thin LBs?   Safeties?    DL?    If a killer WR prospect (which we know, in the Air Raid, are super-important) gets eligible late, don't we want to grab him with that last schollie?  Or do we want an insurance policy for Morris?

I would take a QB at the expense of any other position on the team without hesitation. QB is THE most important position on the team bar none and it's not even close. We need all the capable QBs we can get. I would take Jennings in a heartbeat as he started for most of 2014 against the top competition in the country.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I would take a QB at the expense of any other position on the team without hesitation. QB is THE most important position on the team bar none and it's not even close. We need all the capable QBs we can get. I would take Jennings in a heartbeat as he started for most of 2014 against the top competition in the country.

So you have no faith in Morris?

23 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I have faith in Morris but all it takes is one blown OL assignment or one foot planted wrong and Morris is out for the year. 

We only have 1 more scholarship to give in this class.   We don't need to spend it on a 1-yr insurance policy at QB if there is a bigger impact guy that comes available.

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I'm wondering if he has some family issues he has to take care of?

That or he felt that he would never get a fair shake once the new coach came in and transferred in another qb.

Or he is just lazy, wouldnt go to class, didn't like conditioning program and just didnt cut it......

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We only have 1 more scholarship to give in this class.   We don't need to spend it on a 1-yr insurance policy at QB if there is a bigger impact guy that comes available.

Yes, they do.   Now, they have zero QB's that have ever played a down at NT and one who played very little at Alabama.    With nothing but a very small freshmen who played lower level footfall, a redshirt freshman that probably is not a QB, a sophomore not good enough to get any time on the field despite obvious QB problems,  and some walk-ons: they better quickly find that insurance.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, flyonthewall said:

Or he is just lazy, wouldnt go to class, didn't like conditioning program and just didnt cut it......

I find myself with Fly! DaMarcus just didn't want to get with the program and Littrell had to send a message that he wouldn't tolerate that from ANYONE. JMO, no inside info.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If a killer WR prospect (which we know, in the Air Raid, are super-important) gets eligible late, don't we want to grab him with that last schollie? 

Rae Carruth doesn't get out until 2018, so we can afford to gamble now. Plus, Carruth will be 44 years old, and I think he'd be out of eligibility.

Probably best to look elsewhere beyond the killer WR ranks, honestly. 

1 minute ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Rae Carruth doesn't get out until 2018, so we can afford to gamble now. Plus, Carruth will be 44 years old, and I think he'd be out of eligibility.

Probably best to look elsewhere beyond the killer WR ranks, honestly. 

Yeah, I think you're right about that.   What about a sore-beer-pong-loser-type RB who really likes Gucci Black?  Surely one or two of those guys are still out there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I really wonder if Dillman is going to get a shot.    No way you trot Fine out there as a true Freshman, even if Morris gets hurt.

Why?  It can't end much worse than last years disaster, then he's ready for 3 years of domination!! He was 2 time Gatorade POY only player to EVER do that in Oklahoma.... Let that sink in this  kid can sling it!

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

IAnother scholarship of the team's overall total of 85 will be opened up, but next year's signing class will have 26 slots available...  Unless Littrell uses his last 2016 scholarship before the start of the season, then it will be the standard 25 scholarships per class for 2017.

I'm not necessarily worried about his height.  He's pretty thin.   And he's not used to big-time speed.   He ripped Oklahoma 3-A to shreds.  He has talent for sure, but I think he may need some time to put some weight on and get used to the pace of D1 football.

I got the impressionLittrell had around  72 scholarship athletes, with recent departures, looks like less.  I think (don't hold me to it) that Mac put some first year walk one on scholarship last year, thus hurting this class.  @BillySee58