Official visitors thread (1/22-1/24)

BillySee58

21 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Since everyone is itching for some action, we'll start an OV thread for this weekend. So far I haven't seen much still, outside of the juco DB teammates Turner and Baulkman. Any news we can find can go here. Hoping for a good weekend.

Official visitors:

Ed2jtn2.jpg

Recruiting season got me feeling like this

• Upvote 7

On 1/21/2016 at 2:14 PM, BillySee58 said:

Since everyone is itching for some action, we'll start an OV thread for this weekend. So far I haven't seen much still, outside of the juco DB teammates Turner and Baulkman. Any news we can find can go here. Hoping for a good weekend.

Official visitors:

Dee Baulkman commits to UNT

• Upvote 6

Why in the world are we going soo heavy on jucos? We need some quality High school commits to build for the future. This is NOT a good sign. The silence is not a good sign either. I have almost never seen a coach hold back on good news. My initial happyness with Littrells recruiting for getting some nice transfers is fast turning into disappointment. Not saying this couldn't end up ok by NSD, but right now the signs are not good. And with Tx State and UTSA late start plus Rice coach being on the hot seat I feel like this is going a lot worse than it should be going.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

7 hours ago, outoftown said:

Why in the world are we going soo heavy on jucos? We need some quality High school commits to build for the future. This is NOT a good sign. The silence is not a good sign either. I have almost never seen a coach hold back on good news. My initial happyness with Littrells recruiting for getting some nice transfers is fast turning into disappointment. Not saying this couldn't end up ok by NSD, but right now the signs are not good. And with Tx State and UTSA late start plus Rice coach being on the hot seat I feel like this is going a lot worse than it should be going.

Coaches announce verbals before signing day in your universe? Because they don't in ours.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Coaches announce verbals before signing day in your universe? Because they don't in ours.

No, players do. Via Twitter. Usually at the encouragement of the coach that recruited them.

This was always going to be a last second class. Littrell started way behind the eight ball. That said, not impressed by getting a commit from a recruit with zero other offers (DB from Arizona). That's DMac recruiting and what put us where we are today.

Lets see what Feb 3 brings and then make a judgement.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Actually, they kind of do. They have an affiliated account on Twitter than states the area code of any kid that commits, when they commit. Coach Littrell retweets these tweets too. So not by name (which would be a violation), but they have been announcing the commitments this way.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, outoftown said:

As stated before the school (coach) cannot comment on high school commitments until signing day . Excluding those  HS  kids that graduated early and chose to enroll for the spring. The kid, his coach or the press can spread the news.