Spring Game

MeanGreen_MBA

1 hour ago, UNT86 said:

I called the ticket office today and they said it was April 23rd.

It's not like this information is hard to find.

And, really, do you need over 4 months notice for a glorified practice?

It's the Spring Game.  Those usually rate a great big "So What"

Yeah, it is no big deal if you don't have other things going on in your life that you need to schedule around. For example, if it IS April 23, that is the First Day of Passover and our Jewish friends might want to know that. Or, the Dallas Pops Orchestra features Chris Botti so if you have tickets for the 23rd, you may still be able to exchange your tickets for the 22nd or the 24th. Just little stuff like that.

Let me add that I am particularly interested in getting the vibe from the spring game because I personally will not make my decision to renew MGC membership and four season tickets until after the game. I want to see what a Littrell-coached offense might look like and how the players he has to work with will fit into that. After more than 25 years, it is like making love to a skunk...I've about had all I can enjoy.

So, while the Spring Game isn't H U U U G E, it is important to me and any others here of like mind.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, TheWestie said:

Y'all have WAY WAY overblown that tweet and misrepresented the relationship that those guys have with each other. 

Great, inside joke for PR out in a public forum. That it is even more sophomoric for a D1 school. 

UNT needs to grow up if they think this junior high crap is acceptable. I'm happy 10 people online think it's cool. Especially, when everyone agrees online resources are great for recruiting and most people don't get inside jokes from the athletic department. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Great, inside joke for PR out in a public forum. That it is even more sophomoric for a D1 school. 

UNT needs to grow up if they think this junior high crap is acceptable. I'm happy 10 people online think it's cool. Especially, when everyone agrees online resources are great for recruiting and most people don't get inside jokes from the athletic department. 

DT's girlfriend apparently wasn't in  on the joke judging from her rather pointed response to the tweet. 

Stupid no matter how you slice it.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

DT's girlfriend apparently wasn't in  on the joke judging from her rather pointed response to the tweet. 

Stupid no matter how you slice it.

You follow DT's girlfriend....now wife on Twitter?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, UNT86 said:

You having to make a telephone call might have been cutting edge service in the 1950s, it is seen as a huge inconvenience among the younger alumni, exactly the people we should be courting into the lower levels of the MGC.

People in their 20s today see email as an old technology.  If it's not pushed to them on social media, it's not going to register with our young alumni.  

ETA:  I am glad someone at the ticket office was able to help you, the percentage of young alumni who will go through the inconvenience of making that call is pretty low.    We should be selling to them, not making them jump through hoops.

I can guarantee you SL is not sitting in his office saying "If someone wants to play for North Texas they can always just call us if they are real players."   He is out selling and promoting like a madman.  

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

You having to make a telephone call might have been cutting edge service in the 1950s, it is seen as a huge inconvenience among the younger alumni, exactly the people we should be courting into the lower levels of the MGC.

People in their 20s today see email as an old technology.  If it's not pushed to them on social media, it's not going to register with our young alumni.  

ETA:  I am glad someone at the ticket office was able to help you, the percentage of young alumni who will go through the inconvenience of making that call is pretty low.    We should be selling to them, not making them jump through hoops.

I can guarantee you SL is not sitting in his office saying "If someone wants to play for North Texas they can always just call us if they are real players."   He is out selling and promoting like a madman.  

This is what EVERYONE - not just AD/football types at UNT - needs to understand.  When you are promoting a product or service or really want to recruit employees, players, consumers, whatever - you need to use THEIR avenues to do so.  If the attitude is "If they want it badly enough, let them come find out and get it," then you should expect to lose to ANY sort of competition, EVERY time.  And in my eyes, that's a refusal to actually do your job if your job involves being competitive in any way for resources, including human resources.  And I'm not actually even bitching about the same thing most of you guys are, because I REALLY have had to deal with this crap in so many situations, and have had supervisors in the past refuse to let me do things the right way because they had that sort of attitude, but then would try to accuse me of being responsible for overall dips in revenue.  I can't decide if it's a pathological need to create friction so as to generate hostilities for those who thrive on it, or stupidity or laziness, or some combination thereof, but it's a load of crap and everyone who operates this way deserves to either be out of a job or, if they are a business owner, deserves to go out of business for good.

• Upvote 4

Speaking of the Spring Game, this opens up a larger topic. I wonder what access will be given to media and fans for spring practice, scrimmages, summer practice, and fall practice. I wonder how much(if any) of practices the media/fans will be allowed to view. Different coaches have different perspectives on this. Wonder where Littrell falls on this. Fedora opened spring scrimmages to fans so hopefully Littrell follows suit here.

7 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Speaking of the Spring Game, this opens up a larger topic. I wonder what access will be given to media and fans for spring practice, scrimmages, summer practice, and fall practice. I wonder how much(if any) of practices the media/fans will be allowed to view. Different coaches have different perspectives on this. Wonder where Littrell falls on this. Fedora opened spring scrimmages to fans so hopefully Littrell follows suit here.

If I remember correctly, spring practices/scrimmages under Coach Mac were always open. It was fall practices that were closed.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UNT86 said:

It's not like this information is hard to find.

And, really, do you need over 4 months notice for a glorified practice?

It's the Spring Game.  Those usually rate a great big "So What"

Have you seen the online output our athletic dept produces?

This is 2016, you can tweet a picture of a pizza emoji and have a pizza delivered to your door in a few mins. (Just a prime example of the social media and online world we live in).

But we have to call up the athletic department and verify what the date of a game is, otherwise we will find out the week before that the game is scheduled on this particular date.

Shoot, I wouldn't even be surprised if we all get an email and and a tweet goes out on April 24th saying that the game is scheduling to play on the 23rd.....

• Downvote 1

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..........could we remember to say "Thank You" to UNT86 for providing the information that a lot of people were wanting ?  Yes, it is unfortunate that he had to make a call to the ticket office to get that date, but he did make that effort.   Nobody else did, now did they ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Huff said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..........could we remember to say "Thank You" to UNT86 for providing the information that a lot of people were wanting ?  Yes, it is unfortunate that he had to make a call to the ticket office to get that date, but he did make that effort.   Nobody else did, now did they ?

I too, would like to thank all of the fans and alumni that help out those poor overworked souls on Bonnie Brea and get out the correct info to the rest of Mean Green Nation.