MGB: UNT shut out on All-C-USA first, second teams

Brett Vito

I find it interesting that we had a place kicker on the Freshman All-American Team last year, but this year he didn't even make CUSA picks.  Lack of motivation, maybe?  When I expressed surprise that we had landed him, someone mentioned that Trevor is the kind of guy who puts in time and goes to camps in order to be the next-level type.  Has he lost that edge?  If so, is it because he felt overlooked or undercoached or something?

I find it interesting that we had a place kicker on the Freshman All-American Team last year, but this year he didn't even make CUSA picks.  Lack of motivation, maybe?  When I expressed surprise that we had landed him, someone mentioned that Trevor is the kind of guy who puts in time and goes to camps in order to be the next-level type.  Has he lost that edge?  If so, is it because he felt overlooked or undercoached or something?

he had few chances to kick.  He missed a few long ones too.

His fashion agent?  

Haha. These guys will actually take flyers on possible undrafted free agents. Think about Lance, sign him and he gets a 1.5 million rookie deal at let's say 5% and that's a nice $75,000 of mailbox money. Of course it's always a risk because of the amount they spend on the player. I don't think Carlos is going to be signed anywhere. He'll be lucky to get a training camp invite without even honorable mention all-conference at a G5 school.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

Haha. These guys will actually take flyers on possible undrafted free agents. Think about Lance, sign him and he gets a 1.5 million rookie deal at let's say 5% and that's a nice $75,000 of mailbox money. Of course it's always a risk because of the amount they spend on the player. I don't think Carlos is going to be signed anywhere. He'll be lucky to get a training camp invite without even honorable mention all-conference at a G5 school.

Its more than apparent that no one likes this dude, but he is an All CUSA caliber player. He just doesn't have enough height, speed, weight, acceleration, etc to be an NFL WR. He has the frame to be a slot, but he's not near elusive or shifty for that position. He has the physical characteristics of a possession receiver without the height. Bad combo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember seeing an NT Daily story on Trevor Moore in which he apparently has become a complete gym rat and prides himself "on being one of the strongest players, pound for pound, on the team".

I have the notion that his new-found love for mass may have affected his kicking mechanics.

I remember seeing an NT Daily story on Trevor Moore in which he apparently has become a complete gym rat and prides himself "on being one of the strongest players, pound for pound, on the team".

I have the notion that his new-found love for mass may have affected his kicking mechanics.

This is a plausible theory, those kickers have to be super flexible and sometimes muscle takes away from flexibility. I remember the Cowboys had a kicker named Buehler or some such who looked like a linebacker but couldn't hold a candle to little Dan Bailey. 

Seems North Texas holds the same clout with All Conference selections as we do the invitees to the Senior Bowl. Look, we all know how bad the team was this year. No surprises here. Let's see what happens next season after a year of Litrell-guided missiles are fired all over the field. I suspect we are singing a completely different tune next year. As for this year, what's done is done. This season is gone, so forget it. Watch some bowl games, eat some Ham, and here comes Spring ball. I'm honestly looking forward to attending games again as we all have something to look forward to now.

The new start is underway, and I am DAMN glad the light at the end of the tunnel was the sun.. not an oncoming train.

GMG 

• Upvote 1

NT won one conference game and was dead last in most all defensive and offensive statistics.  That plus not really having any real advocates for your team, and the also total lack of all conference consideration is expected. 

Also obviously NT doesn't have that many good players.  I do believe that Keena and McClain should have been recognized.