Texas Arlington (12/3/15)

CMJ

I'm going...

Mainly to scout Cross as a future Benford replacement, but also to see UTA's new place. 

The outcome is predetermined, although I think it will be close for a half. Sound familiar? 

that ship sailed I believe my friend. We should have hit him up 4 years ago... 

• Upvote 6

Lost in overtime. A Hervey 3 pointer in the first half was scored a 2 but by the time the error was discovered, too late to change it. Best UTA club we've had  in a long time.

We've  also played a lot of games in the last two weeks. Will Mavs be tired thursday?

don't matter, lol yall will wipe us up and down that floor. Glad I have a MS game to coach, I'd be pissed if I drove out there. Watched us get our teeth kicked in. 

• Upvote 1

I went to their place a couple years ago.  I think I like the restaurant/bar surrounding neighborhood idea thing, but the inside of the building itself felt...how do I describe it?  Like it functions, everything necessary for a pleasant D1 experience is in place, but it's like Paul Reubens designed it.  I think the aspect that put me over the edge was the five-foot long remote controlled blimp that farted out Rudy's taco coupons.  It was like the Universal Studios of basketball arenas, and I think that expands to the retail section outside.  Everything super clean, super master planned, devoid of character.

I do think the whole thing has potential.  It just needs to age a bit.  And for the love of all things, get rid of that god forsaken blimp.

Regardless of my opinions on their facility, they're going to beat us by 30.

Edited by oldguystudent

Lost in overtime. A Hervey 3 pointer in the first half was scored a 2 but by the time the error was discovered, too late to change it. Best UTA club we've had  in a long time.

We've  also played a lot of games in the last two weeks. Will Mavs be tired thursday?

And you guys are young. If you can keep Cross another year I'd be surprised if you aren't looking at back-to-back SBC crowns.

Am i the only one (a UTA fan at that) that thinks my mavs are vulnerable tonight? Maybe I saw too many should-win games at Texas Hall turn into 10 point losses over the years??  We cant make a 3 pointer. And i still say 4 games in 8 days might slow us down a little. I see a much closer game tonight than yall are thinking.

Edited by UTAmaverick
  • Upvote 1

We haven't beaten a D1 opponent all season.  I believe this is the worst team of Benford's tenure.  Something came up for me to do tonight...and in the past I rarely ditched NT basketball for anything...but there is no way I am missing this event to listen to us get demolished.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 6

Am i the only one (a UTA fan at that) that thinks my mavs are vulnerable tonight? Maybe I saw too many should-win games at Texas Hall turn into 10 point losses over the years??  We cant make a 3 pointer. And i still say 4 games in 8 days might slow us down a little. I see a much closer game tonight than yall are thinking.

We will probably keep it close at the half and then slowly allow you to pull away to a comfortable win.

• Upvote 1

We haven't beaten a D1 opponent all season.  I believe this is the worst team of Benford's tenure.  Something came up for me to do tonight...and in the past I rarely ditched NT basketball for anything...but there is no way I am missing this event to listen to us get demolished.

This is a sad post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1