Another Banner or billboard?

UNT90

After Saturday, I am considering asking for additional donations. Several have brought up billboards in Denton as a better and longer duration  for the money option.

Id like thoughts on this. Banner or billboards? 

The amount of posts indicating support will determine what happens. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Billboards take it up a notch, respond to the media slap in the face, and probably we get more impressions per buck. That is a good next step.

Save our torches and pitchforks for another escalation.

• Upvote 4

Just an FYI...   If you're going to put up a billboard, you may want to try and explain who "Rick Villareal" is.   Because he is not known outside of maybe 1000-or-so people.  Otherwise, no one will bat an eye when they drive by a billboard calling for him to be fired.

There is time to work on the message. I would suggest considering not spilling our guts a month ahead of time to slow down the counterattack. I said the "time" thing assuming the next play would be around the last game on November 28. But then you know what they say about "assume"...

Just an FYI...   If you're going to put up a billboard, you may want to try and explain who "Rick Villareal" is.   Because he is not known outside of maybe 1000-or-so people.  Otherwise, no one will bat an eye when they drive by a billboard calling for him to be fired.

The simple design has to be eye catching. If people care to know more they can look it up on their phone. 

*I am obviously in. 

Maybe one of his shorter quotes with his name below it would send the message. Just thinking out loud with ya.

It might become an albatross, like "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

I'm thinking FireRV.com will be on the billboard. Also, maybe the billboard will be school colors. Probably can't use a school logo. 

There is time to work on the message. I would suggest considering not spilling our guts a month ahead of time to slow down the counterattack. I said the "time" thing assuming the next play would be around the last game on November 28. But then you know what they say about "assume"...

I was thinking of having the billboards go up the Friday before the UTEP game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

Getting permission for logo use from the school for a billboard of this nature would be impossible, literally. School color is good and FireRv.com is actually great as long as there will be a quick site thrown together to categorize and describe his failures much like on that pamphlet or paper in the GAB but factual. 

• Upvote 1

I am in, do the billboard? Is it a video board or just a sign? 

not done yet, just floating an idea. 

Somebody better hope a one, James Sterritt is friendly to the cause, as he is the current owner of the firerv.com domain name:

https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=firerv.com

My mistake:

Firerickv.com

its already up and running. And no, I didn't do it.

I like Todd's suggestion of crowdfunding RV's actual buy-out.

A good idea would be to create a gofundme account after the season as an alternative to MGC donations. 

Literally hold MGC funds hostage until RV is gone. 

You want to say we are a minority? Well, here is our minority chunk of money that you won't get until you make a change. 

I'd love for Todd to start that account.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Count me in. The RV and Smatresk comments from the latest article in the Daily are more then I can stand. If the banner doesn't get the job done, I'll fork over some cash for a billboard. UNT90, I'll PM you.

My personal suggestions...

No digital billboard. Also the billboard should call out Smatresk to do his job and remove RV. Twitter, Facebook, and/or a fireRV website should also be included. If the billboard was located near the campus off of 35E it would be ideal.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1