New ESPN Bottom 10

oldguystudent

Woot!  We're ranked 4th in the country!  Congratulations coaching staff!

I'm amused at the blurb they wrote for us:

Before you Mean Green fans get mad for suddenly going from unranked to fourth, take a look in the mirror. Actually, take a look in the mirrors of your friends and neighbors, because I received multiple emails and tweets from North Texas alums calling me out for not having the Mean Green ranked. Then run, because if you get caught looking into the mirrors of other people they're probably going to call the cops.

• Upvote 6

We're holding steady and are still ranked 2nd in the country here! 

Now there is some good news to be found. . . . We are positively affecting SMU's ranking!

SMU makes the biggest leap in the rankings this week, climbing 14 spots. It's not because losing to East Carolina is that bad, but more due to the fact that the Mustangs lone win against North Texas looks worse and worse with each passing week.

• Upvote 3

We've known it since the Rice game. 

We should be #2.

Again, remember when Mac said these days were over with... Just last year...

Mac was right about that...we're not as good as we were last year...and, you too are correct, Mr UNT90, we've known it since the Rice game...last year.

• Upvote 1

Well the new bottom 10 is out, and we are firmly in the #4 position, but I guessing we will move to #1 if we lose this week. 

Week 5 Bottom 10 - ESPN

With apologies to Elwood Blues and Steve Harvey, here's this week's Bottom 10.

1. Kansas (0-4)

2305.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueI did radio in Lawrence, Kansas, this week. They love me there, almost as much as they love Bill Snyder. The next four weekends bring contests versus Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. Just in time for Halloween.

2. New Mexico State (0-4)

166.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueThe Other Aggies opened up the Rio Grande Rivalry by starting big and carrying a 29-14 lead into the middle of the third quarter. Then archnemesis New Mexico scored the final 24 points and State wrapped up another Battle of I-25 by taking it south without a Rio Grande trophy for the fourth consecutive year. Yes, it's just a trophy, not an oaken barrel or a six-shooter or bronzed armadillo skull. Someone needs to get on that.

3. Why,oming? (0-5)

2751.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueThe Cowboys traveled 1,611 miles to get throttled by Appalachian State 31-13 a game they started by surrendering a 59-yard TD run and throwing a 91-yard pick-six. On the bright side, they got to fly into and out of a massive hurricane-powered storm front.

4. North Texas Forty (0-4)

249.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true Before you Mean Green fans get mad for suddenly going from unranked to fourth, take a look in the mirror. Actually, take a look in the mirrors of your friends and neighbors, because I received multiple emails and tweets from North Texas alums calling me out for not having the Mean Green ranked. Then run, because if you get caught looking into the mirrors of other people they're probably going to call the cops.

• Upvote 1