MGB: McCarney says there is no such thing as a "gamer"

Brett Vito

The question was raised as to whether Smith could be one of those players with the ability to excel if UNT would just throw him in there and leave him, let him play through his mistakes and hope for the best -

Who would ask such a stupid question as that?

I'm not buying it that Demarcus would be so stupid as to request he be allowed to do such a thing.  That's complete horseshit!  And if he actually did..and Mac feels so bold as to throw him under the bus by admitting he made such a retarded comment or suggestion as that...then that tells you all you need to know as to what Mac thinks of his back up QB.

Its starting to to come completely unwound around here.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

Who would ask such a stupid question as that?

I'm not buying it that Demarcus would be so stupid as to request he be allowed to do such a thing.  That's complete horseshit!  And if he actually did..and Mac feels so bold as to throw him under the bust by admitting he made such a retarded comment or suggestion as that...then that tells you all you need to know as to what Mac thinks of his back up QB.

Its starting to to come completely unwound around here.

Rick

Ya, it's not like we just played a team that did exactly that 2 years ago and is now reaping the benefits.

What a stupid, stupid comment by a head football coach.

• Upvote 1

2.5 years to go, folks...let it sink in.

Those 2017 crowds are going to be horrendous...but, hey, we will have saved $650k by waiting!! Just like we did with Todd Dodge and Tony Benford!! We are going to win the BEst Value National Championship again, no doubt!!! Suck on it, Ohio State!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ya, it's not like we just played a team that did exactly that 2 years ago and is now reaping the benefits.

What a stupid, stupid comment by a head football coach.

I can't get over some implications here!  Any way you spin it, he just threw Smith under the bus and gave him the middle finger.

This is a level of football stupid going on that I have never seen before.

• Upvote 7

2.5 years to go, folks...let it sink in.

Those 2017 crowds are going to be horrendous...but, hey, we will have saved $650k by waiting!! Just like we did with Todd Dodge and Tony Benford!! We are going to win the BEst Value National Championship again, no doubt!!! Suck on it, Ohio State!!

I would +1 this, because I agree with it... but I want to -1 it because it makes me cry.

• Upvote 2

There IS such a thing as a gamer. I played with one in ancient times. The coach was always on his ass in practice, calling him a loafer. When gameday came around, he was the fastest man on the field!

No one had to trap the defender shooting the gap I left when I pulled because he was never run down from behind by a lineman or LB.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

Some players perform much better under pressure.

Some "great" players choke under pressure.

Some baseball players pad their stats by hitting a homer late in a blowout game.

Some baseball players are really average with the bases empty but are feared when the bases are loaded and the game is on the line.

It's the same for all sports.

You can't know exactly how good a player can be until he has been put in that position several times.

• Upvote 1

Well, it's obvious that McCarney is not a gamer.  

Out of some sense of decorum, I will not say here what I really want to say, but Coach McCarney, I believe you are wrong (not only in this instance, but in many of the positions you take).   One thing I've learned during my time on this earth is that if I think one way and 99% feel the exact opposite, the chances are that I'm probably the one that's wrong.

• Upvote 3