Should Coach Mac be fired?

H-towngreen

Should Coach Mac be fired? Part II  

87 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, with where we are as a football team in year 5 under Coach Mac, should he be fired?

• Yes
    • No

At this point I think yes, RV must be shown the door first and with a sense of urgency, I am talking Monday. 

RV cannot be allowed to pick another coach ever at North Texas or have anything to do with scheduling. 

I think the better question is what will you do if Mac isn't fired after this year? What about if not after 2016? And the same for RV?

will you stick to fully supporting as you have?

will you lower the donation?

will you stop buying season tickets?

will you stop going to games?

will you walk away for good, never to come back like the super majority has done here forever?

• Upvote 5

I think the better question is what will you do if Mac isn't fired after this year? What about if not after 2016? And the same for RV?

will you walk away for good, never to come back like the super majority has done here forever?

I was upset last year, and this year my group moved to the Tail Fin, I plan to stay there until there are major Changes. RV has to go first for me to be happy. It is General Admission I think I will like it. Went home the first game I was in the rain too long. 

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No, at least I hope not. Mac has driven us into a ditch, and it's starting to look like one of our deepest ditches ever. If AAA doesn't come and rescue us, many of us are going to require an AA rescue.

• Upvote 1

I've already stopped donating and buying season tickets after the first year of the Benford dumpster fire. The best way to voice displeasure is with the wallet.

• Upvote 2

Yeah and most schools who give a damn about FBS football would have done it a while ago, but you guys wont do it.

I think giving a coach 5 years under the circumstances is reasonable. He did show serious improvement in his third season but his complete lack of ability in the recruiting department is highlighted with an exclamation point.

However, he can't be fired until his boss is fired. Then let a new, hopefully better judge of coaching ability, Athletic Director bring in his own people. RV has been here too long and makes a lot of poor decisions in the coaching department. He's done great on facilities but has failed to win in multiple sports nor schedule well.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 6

Our situation reminds me of SMU. Their previous coach took them as far as he could, and then it was all downhill. If you check the roster of Coach Mac's 2013 Bowl team I think most of the players were from Dodges tenure, which is probably to be expected. However, he has had 5 years to bring in D-1 quarterbacks and receivers and has failed to do so. The high school players of today want a TCU/ TTech/ Baylor type of offense, and so do I. I think a change needs to be made because of his inability to recruit, pure and simple.

• Upvote 2

Our situation reminds me of SMU. Their previous coach took them as far as he could, and then it was all downhill. If you check the roster of Coach Mac's 2013 Bowl team I think most of the players were from Dodges tenure, which is probably to be expected. However, he has had 5 years to bring in D-1 quarterbacks and receivers and has failed to do so. The high school players of today want a TCU/ TTech/ Baylor type of offense, and so do I. I think a change needs to be made because of his inability to recruit, pure and simple.

Lemme add - can't recruit or can't develop.

Looking back on previous seasons, those were clues that the coaching staff was having trouble developing quarterbacks. This season, it's readily obvious that is the case. If it's not a matter of giving practice reps to a more talented quarterback, it was definitely about McNulty not being prepared to take the reins this season and last season.

• Upvote 1

After 4 consecutive conference championships and bowl game appearances, Dickey had 2 poor seasons and was shown the door. I think McCarney has done less with more. I absolutely think it is time for him to move on down the road. RV keeps hiring guys that help him fundraise, he needs to start worrying about coaches that can win games instead.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

I hate to say this but the voices have been telling me since late last fall that Coach appears to have retired in place. I have visions of him sneaking out of his office and leaving a recording of his voice playing his favorite coach-speak routines. As for RV, the only additional hire he needs to be allowed to make is a Realtor.

:wham:

• Upvote 3

At this point I think yes, RV must be shown the door first and with a sense of urgency, I am talking Monday. 

RV cannot be allowed to pick another coach ever at North Texas or have anything to do with scheduling. 

Agree 100%.  If RV is still here, then Mac and Benford need to stay as well.  NO NEW HIRES for RV.

• Upvote 1

I hate to say this but the voices have been telling me since late last fall that Coach appears to have retired in place. I have visions of him sneaking out of his office and leaving a recording of his voice playing his favorite coach-speak routines. As for RV, the only additional hire he needs to be allowed to make is a Realtor.

:wham:

I could not agree more! 

yes

• Upvote 1