Green Chair Backs

Withers940

Anyone else pay for their Chair Backs with their season tickets and not have them at your seat come game time? My Father and I have a combined 6 chair backs that were payed for several months ago but they were not at our seats. I dont mean to sound High and Mighty and spoiled because i didnt have a seat to sit in but I have been a season ticket holder for about 5 years and had never done the chair backs until this year. I decided to break down and finally pay for them and low and behold they werent there come game time. It just pisses me off that I paid for something and I didnt get it so I went down to the ticket office after the game to see what the heck was going on. The nice lady that came up to me to help said that you were not the only one and that they will be there the next home game. I asked if there was going to be any kind of price proration due to them not being there or something and she said she didnt know but it would be taken care of. My thoughts are, I paid $40 bucks for them for all 5 home games so something needs to happen to make up for this. There is no reason why the section right next to us had them and then people below us had them.

Anyone else?

• Upvote 3

Anyone else pay for their Chair Backs with their season tickets and not have them at your seat come game time? My Father and I have a combined 6 chair backs that were payed for several months ago but they were not at our seats. I dont mean to sound High and Mighty and spoiled because i didnt have a seat to sit in but I have been a season ticket holder for about 5 years and had never done the chair backs until this year. I decided to break down and finally pay for them and low and behold they werent there come game time. It just pisses me off that I paid for something and I didnt get it so I went down to the ticket office after the game to see what the heck was going on. The nice lady that came up to me to help said that you were not the only one and that they will be there the next home game. I asked if there was going to be any kind of price proration due to them not being there or something and she said she didnt know but it would be taken care of. My thoughts are, I paid $40 bucks for them for all 5 home games so something needs to happen to make up for this. There is no reason why the section right next to us had them and then people below us had them.

Anyone else?

Your problem was you wanted to change something with the ticket office. I have a friend who couldn't get seats right next to us when Apogee opened. Well two years ago some seats opened up so they moved (yea!) Well last year when they received the season tickets, the seats had been moved back to the original seats and the new seats next to us had been given to someone else. So sorry nothing we can do.

I've been thinking about changing seats, but I'm too afraid they'll mess something up.

Customer service is pitiful....had to finish installing my seats myself...just stacks of plugs heaped on my seats when I got there.  Only took a minute, but very weak on the part of the dept. to have self serve seats.

• Upvote 4

Your problem was you wanted to change something with the ticket office. I have a friend who couldn't get seats right next to us when Apogee opened. Well two years ago some seats opened up so they moved (yea!) Well last year when they received the season tickets, the seats had been moved back to the original seats and the new seats next to us had been given to someone else. So sorry nothing we can do.

I've been thinking about changing seats, but I'm too afraid they'll mess something up.

UNBELIEVABLE

Anyone else?

this happened to me last year after the first week. They promised me the next week they would be there. Then they were not, they promised me the following week, then they were not. After I approached them about this agin they said the company hat installs the seats cannot come back out again, why I wasn't told this the first time is beyond me. Finally after no response from them I asked for my money back($80 for 2 seats) and they gave it back to me. The problem with this is, they put my chair backs in the wrong place, so it was appearently my fault because I moved. 

The ticket office couldn't find there way out of a wet paper bag as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2

Anyone else?

Hey...it's all part of the vision.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

this happened to me last year after the first week. They promised me the next week they would be there. Then they were not, they promised me the following week, then they were not. After I approached them about this agin they said the company hat installs the seats cannot come back out again, why I wasn't told this the first time is beyond me. Finally after no response from them I asked for my money back($80 for 2 seats) and they gave it back to me. The problem with this is, they put my chair backs in the wrong place, so it was appearently my fault because I moved. 

The ticket office couldn't find there way out of a wet paper bag as far as I'm concerned.

I've noticed they are very slow (if not impossible) to do things that generate (or retain) revenue, but very quick to give refunds in lieu of doing the revenue generating (or retaining) work.

Telling.

• Upvote 1

They should just put seat backs on all the bleachers in the season ticket/MGC area and adjust the price.  It would be a nice incentive to have tickets in that area.  Paint the whole area green.

I had that very thought just a couple days ago, but I think it would take a concerted effort to make a restricted capital donation.  Judging by the fact that maaaybe 30% of the seats have chairbacks, I think a lot of people would balk at a unilateral price increase. 

On the other hand, even if they were to only do it, say, between the 35 yard lines, it would give a much nicer look to the stadium.  The spattering of chairbacks here and there on the alumni side looks like a bunch of day trippers forgot their foldup Walmart stadium chairs.

This is a total load of crap.  Last year, there were two seats in the row behind me that did not have seat backs during game 2 after the guy paid for them in July.  Stadium staff came and installed two seats in less than 5 minutes during the first quarter.  Trickle down incompetence.

• Upvote 1

This is a total load of crap.  Last year, there were two seats in the row behind me that did not have seat backs during game 2 after the guy paid for them in July.  Stadium staff came and installed two seats in less than 5 minutes during the first quarter.  Trickle down incompetence.

i don't understand that.  they literally told me the exact opposite after 3 weeks.  so much confusion in that office.

I had that very thought just a couple days ago, but I think it would take a concerted effort to make a restricted capital donation.  Judging by the fact that maaaybe 30% of the seats have chairbacks, I think a lot of people would balk at a unilateral price increase. 

On the other hand, even if they were to only do it, say, between the 35 yard lines, it would give a much nicer look to the stadium.  The spattering of chairbacks here and there on the alumni side looks like a bunch of day trippers forgot their foldup Walmart stadium chairs.

We actually had them the first year and found them incredibly uncomfortable, so did not renew.

That being said, aesthetically it would be much nicer to be consistent.

Customer service is pitiful....had to finish installing my seats myself...just stacks of plugs heaped on my seats when I got there.  Only took a minute, but very weak on the part of the dept. to have self serve seats.

In your case Jim, It's a good thing for them that compared to things you went around and "fixed" @ Fouts as part of your job description as Asst AD, this was a no-brainier.