SMU Ticket Sales Update

James329

Double fixed.

What a scheduling coup... For SMU.

You're really becoming a caricature of yourself.

Who gives a flying flip how many people show up FROM <XYZ school>.   We want North Texas fans in the stands.  That needs to be the goal.   Schedule teams that North Texas fans want to see.  SMU is one of those schools.   Army is another.    I'm fully aware that Portland St. and Incarnate Word do not qualify, so don't talk down.

• Upvote 5

I guess I fall in the always optimistic bucket as well, but I fully expect more than 10,000 in green at the game and will be disappointed if the number of NT fans don't at least double the number of SMU fans there.  Nothing will please me more than to see the SMU faithful sitting in their house the week after being dominated by Baylor, listing to the chants of NORTH. . . TEXAS echoing throughout University Park, and wondering if they will bother going to another game this year.

• Upvote 2

You're really becoming a caricature of yourself.

Who gives a flying flip how many people show up FROM <XYZ school>.   We want North Texas fans in the stands.  That needs to be the goal.   Schedule teams that North Texas fans want to see.  SMU is one of those schools.   Army is another.    I'm fully aware that Portland St. and Incarnate Word do not qualify, so don't talk down.

I am quite the caricature, so I am told. 

Enjoy Army and SMU in a half to a third empty Apogee because NORTH TEXAS fans don't really dig playing those 2 schools for the next 43 years.

You know how I know that? Because coming off a bowl game and play the first home game of the year against SMU, only 22,398 came to Apogee to see the opening of "the RV super series."

Maybe you should consider that casual fans really really want UNT to prove they are serious by scheduling an important game in Apogee.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Enjoy Army and SMU in a half to a third empty Apogee because NORTH TEXAS fans don't really dig playing those 2 schools for the next 43 years.

You know how I know that? Because coming off a bowl game and play the first home game of the year against SMU, only 22,398 came to Apogee to see the opening of "the RV super series."

Maybe you should consider that casual fans really really want UNT to prove they are serious by scheduling an important game in Apogee.

If we could play only one school for the rest of time, I'd want it to be SMU because I want to beat them every year until time ends......or at least let them know how much I dislike them. 

• Upvote 4

The fact that we're bringing the band will help make it look more populated and we'll still be loud and able to do the 'North ... Texas' chant.  It'll be more like a bowl game than a home game.  Unless smu just gets annihilated by Baylor.  Stay within 30 of them and they may still show up the following week.  If they lose by 55+, even 5k UNT fans may outnumber what SMU brings.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3

Lets keep in mind that this game was at like 8:30 (11) in the morning but I am with you, attendance was piss poor on UNT's end and I would expect anything more from those city slickers from SMU. They were probably nursing their hangovers from the night before from Clubbing all night.

I ordered mine from Ticketmaster and ordered about 6 of them just because i didnt want to stress over getting them in the mail

I hope this last season @ Apogee wasn't a representation of SMU's  "real" fan turnout. Does anyone know how many of their fans traveled to Fort Worth the last time their rivalry game with TCU was played @ Amon Carter?

Our largest turnout ever at Fouts in it's original capacity of 20.5K was the 1990 SMU game, when it was SRO at over 22K (not bad for an underfunded 1-'AA school). I don't remember hearing how many fans SMU brought to that game. 

The largest number of NT fans I've ever seen travel to a game was the 1988 Texas game, when we supposedly took 10K down there. Once again, not bad for an underfunded 1-AA school. 

The second largest was our recent game @ Houston. I don't know what the official count was, but it looked like somewhere between 5 & 10K. Something that I doubt Houston will never see repeated by any of their current conference mates.

Hayden Fry's mid seventies visit to UT who had Earl Campbell easily took 10K to Austin. NT played great game before Campbell was finally the winning factor as he was in most UT games that year. Follow up game in Austin with Jordan Case at QB for NT was also near 10K