SMU Tickets

Aldo

I saw the post for tailgate packages, but I'm thinking about bringing 8-10 people so that's out of question.

I found the Ticketmaster link for SMU tickets and saw that tickets are in upper Sideline East and Endzone and not in visitors section.

For those that have gotten tickets, where are y'all sitting?

I'm thinking anywhere in sections 110-114 for me.

Oh and thanks UNTFan23 for the map 

Likely in the visitor's section at Mustang Stadium.

smu-mustangs-stadium-seating-chart-image

• Upvote 1

I saw the post for tailgate packages, but I'm thinking about bringing 8-10 people so that's out of question.

I found the Ticketmaster link for SMU tickets and saw that tickets are in upper Sideline East and Endzone and not in visitors section.

I assume we will be packed in to sections 126-128 and 226-228 like we were in '07. Hopefully we will have a big enough crowd where we spill out of those sections. If they promoted this game enough, we should be able to bring a crowd approaching the size of our HOD crowd. Easy access with the dart rail. We need to bring 10k+ to this game, 20k would be ideal.

I'm thinking we brought between 6 and 8k in '07.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

I purchased my tickets through the North Texas Ticket Office and will be sitting with other Mean Green faithful in the visitor section.  I don't know the row and seats yet.  They haven't sent them out. 

the meangreensports website got me to that link. So calling the ticket office might my best bet to stick around a sea of green? 

Yeah the ticket master link is just the same for anyone wanting tickets.  I called UNT ticket office on Friday and ordered 12.    Sales Rep said they don't even know where the seats will be yet.  Some schools limit the amount of tix they will sell to a visiting teams fans.  Hell SMU might not want to commit the actual seating assignments until they know roughly his many tix UNT will buy.   

Just wondering. RV mentioned during the signing event that he asked the SMU officials if they were going to give us a break on tickets for our band. He said that the $MU officials said no. Our Band must pay the same $35 per ticket that everyone pays. He then said something about raising funds from the general MG fan base to defray the cost of sending the Band to the game. 

Has anyone heard anything about this? 

If the money can't be found, and the band can't make the trip, then this is a situation where "someone(s)" who made the decision to turn the GB into a bloated 400 member unit might just regret that decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

was looking at Stubhub & Ticketcity, they have tickets in those sections for as little as $6.00.

• Upvote 1

Can't afford $35.00, stay at home.

can't afford 8-10 ticket packages at $95 each, doing my due diligence. 

was looking at Stubhub & Ticketcity, they have tickets in those sections for as little as $6.00.

wow. That's pretty good deal. 

• Upvote 1

What's the best way to get tickets? I think we will have a lot more fans than them and I think UNT gets a certain number of tickets for visitors. 

probably best to buy up our allotment first then spill out, you know just in case we get a bowl game! :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So, here's a crazy thought....given that we are being asked to pay full price for a season that includes 5 home games (and one of them is PORTLAND STATE) why couldn't the athletic department have thrown a ticket to the SMU game into the season ticket package for those who are above a certain MGC giving level? 

Are you crazy? That take initiative and minor innovation. Psh, where you been? 

• Upvote 1

RV is a genius.  He figured out a way to raise ticket prices without anyone realizing it until now due to the overall cost going down.  Then, next year prices can remain flat, but still milk the rubes.

Brilliant!

Not sure where you're going with this other than to therapy, but I show a 4% increase in per game per ticket price from last year to this year.  I'd consider that quite reasonable. But then again, perhaps I'm just a rube.

• Upvote 1

There is a 16.67% reduction in number of home games this year. 

My season ticket price is 13.33% lower this year.

My per game, per ticket costs went up $2.50.

this is correct. I checked before deciding late last week to renew for one more year.

• Upvote 2

this is correct. I checked before deciding late last week to renew for one more year.

It would have been a tough pill to swallow to pay for six game and only see five.  It would have been a tougher pill to swallow to pay for six games and have one of those games be an aluminum bleacher in the September sun at SMU.  I had my eye on this from the beginning.