UH Lands 5 Star DT

A feather in their cap. If they start owning Houston recruits, Hermann could have that program skyrocketing.

It only takes one. Then you can build a story. I had hoped TMitch would be ours in hoops. Still a chance for him to make a splash but it will take time.

I think "Lands" is a bit of a stretch, but no doubt--impressive.

I would say good luck holding onto him but he has ALREADY received the big offers and still said no. Guys like that just need to be reminded that if you are who everyone thinks you are then you're going to the NFL regardless of what team you played for in college. I would give my left nut to have a 5 star commit come to UNT.

Spare-Left-Nut.png

We got stuck with Matthew McConaughey. Alright, alright, alright.

At a cost of about $100,000.00? At least that's what he wanted from us so the story goes.

At a cost of about $100,000.00? At least that's what he wanted from us so the story goes.

Grand total of about $160k. On the bright side, UH made the Washington Post, Huff Post, Breitbart, and others. And as emmitt01 said (from the article): "McConaughey will speak to a sold-out crowd at TDECU stadium"

Idiocracy.

Thousands show up to see movie star noted for his pot smoking.

Hundreds show up for the governor of the state.

Agree...they pay $160,000 to buy student attendance. UNT gets the current Governor of the State on its campus for free for several hours for a tour, for private chats with the President of the University and a sit down dinner with a group of significant donors. Then, those who cared to attend were treated to a very inspirational message from the Governor...a very non-political message I might add. I don't know, but I am thinking UNT wins!

Edit: oh, I forgot...as much positive press as negative in local and metroplex papers, lots of TV news time. Sort of a bonus. In fact, the protesters sort of gave the thing a 60's campus feel and added a bit of unscripted comedy...all what, five of them that is. I really am thinking....win for UNT.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'd prefer buying someone to selling out students graduation to throw Dr. With's husband a bone and tell the city of Denton go F itself, but that's just me.

more people wanted Abbott than didn't. It would have benefited the University so much to have a dude in a dress speak?
  • Upvote 1

This is puzzling to say the least. I saw a previous post that declared the Houston H.C. an up and coming coach and he now has several highly recruited commitments. I also think of Sumlin (sp) going to A&M and how he was an up and coming coach (after leaving Houston?) and killed it in recruiting. What makes a coach an up and commer and how is that recognized?

Edited by UTSA Fan

Relatively young and/or minimal to no HC experience that has a very successful track record as a college coordinator. This given individual comes in and creates buzz around the program and recruits take notice to these kinds of things hence the usual commitments that start taking place in given scenario.