2015!

UNTexas

If NT could get jucos to help, don't you think they would already be doing it.

Not getting it done with McCarney's HS recruits either. Over half of the available scholarships are already taken by kids that will redshirt next year (or not contribute). At least you get some college size linemen that may pressure a QB. We will be in worse shape (roster) than when McCarney took over. I also agree that an impact QB is not on this roster at this time.

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

My concern about next season is the offensive line. Kirby will be the lone returning starter & Banogu has gotten a little PT but other than that, there is no one that has gotten any considerable playing time. At least on defense, there are a lot of young guys that have been rotated in and out.

My concern about next season is the offensive line. Kirby will be the lone returning starter & Banogu has gotten a little PT but other than that, there is no one that has gotten any considerable playing time. At least on defense, there are a lot of young guys that have been rotated in and out.

Except that this year's line was supposed to be great and they haven't been great. I don't know that replacing the current group will be that much of a drop off, but if it then God help the QBs next year! (yes, QBs plural because no way one QB makes it through the year behind a line playing WORSE than this one!)

Except that this year's line was supposed to be great and they haven't been great. I don't know that replacing the current group will be that much of a drop off, but if it then God help the QBs next year! (yes, QBs plural because no way one QB makes it through the year behind a line playing WORSE than this one!)

Mac said during the coaches show after the Texas game that these are by far our 5 best linemen and it's not even close. Also, Cyril Lemon is Mac's only o-line high school signee to ever start a game here at North Texas. And he's leaving after this year. Edited by BillySee58

Mac said during the coaches show after the Texas game that these are by far our 5 best linemen and it's not even close. Also, Cyril Lemon is Mac's only high school signee to ever start a game here at North Texas. And he's leaving after this year.

I know you are on top of our recruiting, but this doesn't seem like it can be correct now that almost all of the previous regime's recruits are gone...

• Upvote 1

I know you are on top of our recruiting, but this doesn't seem like it can be correct now that almost all of the previous regime's recruits are gone...

Take a look for yourself. The rest have all either been Dodge guys, then a JUCO signed by Mac, and a former walkon who came in under Mac. No other Mac high school signees.

2015 will be filled with the same excuses, we are too small, youngest team in country, inexperience, just like every year for the past 40 yrs it seems.

Excuses to deflect DMac's career reputation will continue to run rampant in order to believe in his failed recruiting

• Downvote 2