Can you say breakout?

Wag Tag

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Breakout game was vs SMU...

People said it was trash time stats, no it was him showing the never go down without a fight mentality.. 

The kid is light years ahead compared to last year. 

I watched a lot of football today, SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big 10 and I didn't see any QB who I would trade Fine for. He is clearly better than most starting at those schools.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Eagleisland said:

I watched a lot of football today, SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big 10 and I didn't see any QB who I would trade Fine for. He is clearly better than most starting at those schools.

But he didn’t have a good offer list they said, he is just a “system” QB 😎😎

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 3

Last year we expecting miracles out of him, he had just graduated from high school and was  a true freshman.  I am glad we got him for two more years.  I want him to be the qb other fans learn to hate and think he has been here for ten years. He is my adopted  player and  I got him late for all you non believers.  I knew he would be better this year but he has made great leaps  this  year.  I have to give credit to the receivers this year because they are not dropping a ton of passes and the ol is protecting him better.  I found it interesting that the USM fans talking about the size of the offensive line.  GMG and now we need to cook up some roadrunner stew.  

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He got a walk on offer from OSU.

If he had been 6'3" he would have been at OU.

I just looked up an old article on him.  He was visiting D2 schools hoping to get an offer, any offer to a D1 school (even FCS).  

This kid is going to be UNT hall of fame.  He's gonna be a beast when he's a senior. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I just looked up an old article on him.  He was visiting D2 schools hoping to get an offer, any offer to a D1 school (even FCS).  

This kid is going to be UNT hall of fame.  He's gonna be a beast when he's a senior. 

Let’s just hope he is the kid that’s puts UNT on the map in terms of places talented QBs consider..

CUSA is normally dominated by a solid QB.. if we have solid QB play, it’s a major advantage, let’s hope he is the start of that.

Its not just Fine it seems the O-line is turning corner as well. Fine is not running for his life every play now.  And all reports were that Southern Miss has a ranked defense in several categories and they would be stout. Looked like we have a developing O-Line and something to get excited about. 

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Breakout game was vs SMU...

People said it was trash time stats, no it was him showing the never go down without a fight mentality.. 

The kid is light years ahead compared to last year. 

Disagree this is the game because it involved a lot of adversity in a hostil environment! 14 to zip in the first quarter with like O yards of offense! The Stars or the big three on offense came out tonight! Also great D for 3 quarters. Turning point the drive before Half to get the 3 points! 

Edited by Wag Tag

20 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Its not just Fine it seems the O-line is turning corner as well. Fine is not running for his life every play now.  And all reports were that Southern Miss has a ranked defense in several categories and they would be stout. Looked like we have a developing O-Line and something to get excited about. 

I was wondering, in the first they blitzed.. did they keep blitzing later in the game? 

Wondering if the OL was able to adjust and it finally clicked or if USM stopped? If they clicked and stay clicking, Langston should get a bonus and the MVP title..

I dont know too much about the xs and os of football, but coach Langston and Yellock have got to be great teachers... The OL and DL, while maintaining a similar level of talent, seem to know what they're trying to accomplish at another level compared to last year. Also, it does my heart good to see Sid Moore having a good year!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I was wondering, in the first they blitzed.. did they keep blitzing later in the game? 

Wondering if the OL was able to adjust and it finally clicked or if USM stopped? If they clicked and stay clicking, Langston should get a bonus and the MVP title..

They blitzed us the whole game. We burned them more times than not, some times it was Fine rolling out  but the line was starting to look like something. Also getting holes open for Wilson. The o-line was so porous last year nice to see it develop 

12 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Could get used to this:

image.png.8b4f49d9687e9ed96919be5c284aec75.png

And even after our bye week next week we'll at least have a share of first place. And Louisiana Tech has to go to UAB. The Blazers have already shown that they can be competitive. I know I don't want to remember the last time we went to Birmingham...

Even LA Tech took all four quarters to pull away from South Alabama (1-4) tonight. I just wish we could get the Bulldogs at home this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Last year we expecting miracles out of him, he had just graduated from high school and was  a true freshman.  I am glad we got him for two more years.  I want him to be the qb other fans learn to hate and think he has been here for ten years. He is my adopted  player and  I got him late for all you non believers.  I knew he would be better this year but he has made great leaps  this  year.  I have to give credit to the receivers this year because they are not dropping a ton of passes and the ol is protecting him better.  I found it interesting that the USM fans talking about the size of the offensive line.  GMG and now we need to cook up some roadrunner stew.  

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he was my adopted player. I’m his real dad, but you can be his step dad.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

Tap the brakes. I remember you were one of the naysayers against Fine during camp saying he wasn't developing.

What I was saying in camp was he didn’t look like he was accurate.. he has improved his accuracy along with the OL giving him enough to not be running for his life nonstop.. I also said that if it was a lost season we need to evaluate everyone on the roster. Pre-Season Fine was still battling with Quinn 

also, no idea how that has to do with his offerlist or him being a “system” QB..

Edited by BTG_Fan1