Dart tomorrow

GMG24

Pack heat and avoid the homeless/sketchy people. The DART is disgusting. I am so glad that I don't have to take it to work downtown anymore. 

On a serious note, we got off at the Fair Park station for the last HOD bowl game. It was a fairly easy walk to the cotton bowl from the station. I would avoid getting off the train to go eat anywhere downtown. The west end stop is a very unsafe area.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

The West End (and downtown) has looked up quite a bit in the last few months*

*I hear the DPD day shift has a new, no nonsense, watch commander

I ride the Orange Line from Las Colinas to downtown occasionally and have never had a problem. Always a lot of police presence around.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I am taking Green Line from Frankfort Station.  We will take the MLK stop as the dart website says it drops off at Gate 6 of the Cotton Bowl.  https://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp

Does anyone have any other information? 

The Fair Park stop has always been the suggested one for anything inside the park. I'd say this is the best bet, as it dumps off right at the main gate. Otherwise you'll likely be wandering around doing a half-lap around the perimeter to get to an open gate.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, THOR said:

I'm catching the 659 am from med park to lewisville, then Greenline all the way to fairpark

That's the 7:16 for me in Lewisville, then you take it to Trinity Mills, arrival 7:21, Green Line departure at 7:26.  I might uber out to Lewisville and join you on that train.  I'll text you if so and let me know which car you're in. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Pack heat and avoid the homeless/sketchy people. The DART is disgusting. I am so glad that I don't have to take it to work downtown anymore. 

Probably going to get into the stadium if you "pack heat."  Haha!  That would suck if you couldn't get in for that reason.  I'm gonna go put mine in the safe now so I don't forget to leave it tomorrow...