How Much Is the UNT Football Team Worth?

Coach Bill Lewis

The Wall Street Journal ranks the net worth of all college football teams.
The most valuable being Ohio State at $443.13 million. The least valuable
is La Monroe at $5.65 million. Here are the CUSA rankings....

Quote:

Brewer analyzed each program’s revenues and expenses and made cash-flow adjustments, risk assessments and growth projections to calculate what a college team would be worth on the open market, if it could be bought and sold like a professional franchise.

82. UNT $25.76 million
84. UTEP $22.27 million
87. Rice $20.25 million
88. Marshall $18.74 million
89. UAB $18.64 million
91. FIU $17.06 million
92. MTSU $16.94 million
93. WKU $16.10 million
94. FAU $15.42. million
104. USM $11.86 million
114. LaTech $8.17 million

Did not see UTSA, Old Dominion and Charlotte on the list.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-...1452473476

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

When I win the lotto tonight, I'm putting in my bid to be principal owner of the Mean Green football team.  I shall require a suite encased by green velvet ropes.  I shall also reduce the price of beer through the stadium.

If I win the Lotto, I'd tell you what I would do

e8fda25b3ce62684bf418d1f248cde70cbcbaaba

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

When I win the lotto tonight, I'm putting in my bid to be principal owner of the Mean Green football team.  I shall require a suite encased by green velvet ropes.  I shall also reduce the price of beer through the stadium.

That's very generous of you. Will you also toss cheesecake to the masses from your personal suite? That could be used to drive up ticket prices in the affected sections...

20 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

That's very generous of you. Will you also toss cheesecake to the masses from your personal suite? That could be used to drive up ticket prices in the affected sections...

No.  No cheesecake for the masses.  That's asking too much.  However, kettle corn in the club, dammit!

23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Athletes of the (Tuesday) night.

FTFY.  Gotta honor those shitty conference television contracts, you know.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GreenBeer09 said:

How much money do y'all think would have to be donated to actually make a big difference in this athletic department . 10 million ? 50 million ? Enough to start a baseball program and indoor practice facility ?

T. Boone has given $250 million.  Considering that's like one year revenue for a big program like Alabama, I would think you'd have to define "make a big difference."  If you want a national contender, then none of the figures you listed, even if combined, would be enough.

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

T. Boone has given $250 million.  Considering that's like one year revenue for a big program like Alabama, I would think you'd have to define "make a big difference."  If you want a national contender, then none of the figures you listed, even if combined, would be enough.

Yes, but 10 million would be what, almost half of UNT's athletic budget for a year?