SMU Tailgate Package

Fry Guy

Just wondering if anyone on this message board can provide additional details regarding the SMU Tailgate Event that is currently being promoted by the Mean Green Online Ticket Office. The description from the website reads:

$95 Tickets & Tailgate Package, 2 Endzone Tickets, 2 Tailgate Tickets, Spiriki Mean Green Club Membership

$135 Tickets & Tailgate Package, 2 Sideline Tickets, 2 Tailgate Tickets, Spiriki Mean Green Club Membership

I'm trying to find out which sections these tickets are being culled from, and whether or not the Mean Green Club will be hosting the tailgate again this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

The tailgate is being hosted jointly by athletics and the UNT Alumni Association.  I just heard today that final arrangements are still being made.

You may but tickets to both the game and the tailgate apart from the packages listed.  I did just that as I am already a Mean Green Club member.  I believe my tailgate ticket was $25.  There is a pre-sale price and an "at the door price".  The at the door price will be higher.  I recommend you contact the UNT ticket office and purchase your game tickets and tailgate tickets in advance.  Saves you some cash that way.

• Upvote 3

Hmmm,. I assume this means that there is no room in the SMU tailgating area for individual NT fans to set up their stuff. Keep the riff raff sequestered under their own tent.....to be around their own kind........not surprising...:mellow:

addendum: My wife wants to know if the SMU officials are requiring our officials to set up a gucci brand tent.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

You may but tickets to both the game and the tailgate apart from the packages listed.  I did just that as I am already a Mean Green Club member.  I believe my tailgate ticket was $25.  There is a pre-sale price and an "at the door price".  The at the door price will be higher.  I recommend you contact the UNT ticket office and purchase your game tickets and tailgate tickets in advance.  Saves you some cash that way.

I called the North Texas Ticket Office today, and they confirmed that what Mark said earlier was absolutely correct. You can buy tickets to the game and/or tailgate event directly from them without the need to purchase any special promotional package. These tickets can be bought either together or separately. Current Mean Green Club members will need to pay $20 and $35, for admission to the tailgate and game, respectively. Non-Mean Green Club members will be required to pay an additional $10 for admission to the tailgate event.

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 1

I called the North Texas Ticket Office today, and they confirmed that what Mark said earlier was absolutely correct. You can buy tickets to the game and/or tailgate event directly from them without the need to purchase any special promotional package. These tickets can be bought either together or separately. Current Mean Green Club members will need to pay $20 and $35, for admission to the tailgate and game, respectively. Non-Mean Green Club members will be required to pay an additional $10 for admission to the tailgate event.

That's certainly a better deal than the $95 package on the ticket site.  Thanks for the info.  Did they indicate what the tailgate entails?  

That's certainly a better deal than the $95 package on the ticket site.  Thanks for the info.  Did they indicate what the tailgate entails?  

I don't know for sure, but I think that food and drink will be provided. At least, I believe that was the case last year in Austin. I honestly don't know for certain.

• Upvote 1

That $95 package also includes a Mean Green Club membership.  While I'd love to see them promoting it more heavily (e.g. not finding out about it first on GMG) I commend them for trying to push the MGC membership along with the event.

• Upvote 3