Who is Tailgating for the Memphis Game and what is on your menu?

KingDL1

This Saturday, we have a 2:00 pm game against Memphis.

I believe the North Texas Basketball Team will be on hand for a while.

The tailgate will start around 9-10:00 am and wrap up @ 1:30 pm.

Our Tailgate location, as always, is the Blue Lot's northwest corner, which is closest to the Stadium and just East of Victory Hall.

Victor, Amanda, and Lauren plan to make smash Memphis in-the-mouth burgers and Amanda's Famous Mean Green Jell-O Shots.

John has cookies and a yet-to-be-determined protein dish.

I will have Spicy Balls.

Bring your favorite refreshments.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2018/7/31/gamedayparking

Everyone is welcome to stop by and hang out. Sit a spell. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, untcampbell said:

But the pre-game Scotch and pickle will always be the main course.

GMG

I have really been enjoying a couple of bottles of Flight. I have always enjoyed Yuengling, but their Flight is an extra level for me. We usually kick off the tailgating day with a little vitamin "B"; B for Bourbon, some top-shelf flavor of the day. I believe it helps lubricate my joints.  

• Upvote 3

I know it's not the right thread for this question but just needed a place to ask the question. With lightning in the forecast all day Saturday, does anybody know the process to play at a later date if the game is canceled? Would tickets be honored for the new date?

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Eye Roll 3

12 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I know it's not the right thread for this question but just needed a place to ask the question. With lightning in the forecast all day Saturday, does anybody know the process to play at a later date if the game is canceled? Would tickets be honored for the new date?

I would think they have to. 

It seems the forecast is only getting worse. I don't want to tailgate at my house. 

We are canceling our tailgate tomorrow. The weather has won this round. 

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 4pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. High near 58. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

We are leaning that way, but game day decision. If not, we will probably gather at Cartwrights a couple of hours before the game, and then pre-game Scotch and pickle on the hallowed grounds of DATCU blue lot.

(don't believe we will have many in the crew anyway)

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 1