DMN ranks UNT 7th best team in the state

Harry

This list is just silly. Tech and Houston should be knocked down a couple more spots. Sadly, Aggies should be 1... Hate to say it.

As much as I love the Aggies' success (must taste like vinegar to the UT-Wal Mart alums) I disagree. Baylor won their conference and , while the SEC is a different level from the Big XII, the Aggies had no defense. I can't say I wouldn't pick the Bears in a straight up matchup until I see a pulse from the Aggie defense.

• Upvote 1

As much as I love the Aggies' success (must taste like vinegar to the UT-Wal Mart alums) I disagree. Baylor won their conference and , while the SEC is a different level from the Big XII, the Aggies had no defense. I can't say I wouldn't pick the Bears in a straight up matchup until I see a pulse from the Aggie defense.

Agreed. Without Johnny Football, not sure they do much last year. They definitely dont beat Duke in the bowl game. Plus the Aggies had two players taken in the draft before Johnny Football.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them take a big step back this year. Baylor should be better than they were last year.

• Upvote 1

Without playing any games, Baylor is probably a clear cut above the rest. As Emmitt said, A&M doesn't play defense and I think it's rare to lose three first-round draft picks on offense and improve.

The wild card of this lot is TCU, who I think could be anywhere from #2 to #9 on this list, by season's end.

I think it's pretty accurate besides the SMU/UTSA flip. On Baylor though, they never had any kind of offense either. A&M gave up astronomical numbers, but Baylor wasn't a top 10 defense either (Hello North Texas!). A&M was good with Manziel and Evans, and both were lost to the draft. It's harder to name one person on the Baylor squad that carried the team which means Art Briles is doing a VERY good job of constructing the "team" mentality. We'll see how Kevin Sumlin does this year without star players on the level of Johnny and Evans.