Good marketing idea from UTSA

Harry

Cute Energetic Girls to sell alcohol at UTSA games (Alamodome)

compensation: FLAT Shift pay + CASH tips

We're looking for young, cute energetic girls to sell beer and mixed drinks at all UTSA games and major events at the Alamodome. You must be at least 18 years of age and TABC certified. IF interested, please go to our website www.safarimarketinggroup.com and fill out a Talent Registration Form.

read more: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/evg/4620921119.html

Im no labor lawyer but I find it odd you could outright sexually discriminate in your ad that way.

I think the "Talent Registration Form" is what allows them to discriminate. I'm trying to google the Hooters suit that I think sets precedent for this, but all I can find are out of court settlements. Anywho, if I'm not mistaken, Hooters defines its all female waitstaff as entertainment, meaning that just like casting for a film, they can dictate the gender of their "players."

I could be entirely wrong on this. Do no take this as legal advice.

• Upvote 1

I think the "Talent Registration Form" is what allows them to discriminate. I'm trying to google the Hooters suit that I think sets precedent for this, but all I can find are out of court settlements. Anywho, if I'm not mistaken, Hooters defines its all female waitstaff as entertainment, meaning that just like casting for a film, they can dictate the gender of their "players."

I could be entirely wrong on this. Do no take this as legal advice.

If being young/cute is a job requirement, not everyone qualifies. #lifeissounfair

I think you are absolutely correct.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

I think the "Talent Registration Form" is what allows them to discriminate. I'm trying to google the Hooters suit that I think sets precedent for this, but all I can find are out of court settlements. Anywho, if I'm not mistaken, Hooters defines its all female waitstaff as entertainment, meaning that just like casting for a film, they can dictate the gender of their "players."I could be entirely wrong on this. Do no take this as legal advice.

Basically, the arguments for "breast-aurants" when it comes down to hiring only thinner, attractive women is that those things are "BFOQ"s or bona fide occupational qualification. So, their gimmick or unique scope of business that separates them from other restaurants is the attractive waitresses. To keep them from hiring these types of women would in fact hurt their business, so they are able to do so.

This is all a moot point, because they can't find that many cute women to fill that staff.

San Antonio, the place where boners go to die.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

Basically, the arguments for "breast-aurants" when it comes down to hiring only thinner, attractive women is that those things are "BFOQ"s or bona fide occupational qualification. So, their gimmick or unique scope of business that separates them from other restaurants is the attractive waitresses. To keep them from hiring these types of women would in fact hurt their business, so they are able to do so.

This is all a moot point, because they can't find that many cute women to fill that staff.

San Antonio, the place where boners go to die.

San Antonio may be bad, but Albuquerque is 100 times worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1