Richard Durrett RIP

Harry

For those that don't know, Durrett was the sports editor at the DRC and actually hired Tim MacMahon who was a student writing sports for the NT Daily at the time... Durrett was promoted to the Dallas Morning News and then ESPN. He wrote a nice article on the Heart of Dallas bowl win most recently.

Durrett was a great guy - a pleasure to work with and extremely talented. Always gave UNT a fair shake.

Tragic loss. He was young.... Thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, kids and family...

Richard was one of my very best friends. We started working together at the DRC in the late 90s and hit it off immediately. I'm beyond crushed today. Just had lunch with him last week. Please keep Kelly and his children in your prayers. She's also pregnant with their next child.

• Upvote 3

Richard was one of my very best friends. We started working together at the DRC in the late 90s and hit it off immediately. I'm beyond crushed today. Just had lunch with him last week. Please keep Kelly and his children in your prayers. She's also pregnant with their next child.

This is heartbreaking. Prayers going up for the Durrett family.

This really sucks. Young and healthy as all get out... They say he was getting ready to walk to the gym when this happened.

The brain aneurism terrifies me to no end.

Ya man. Had an art teacher in high school collapse and die in the middle of class due to a brain aneurysm, can't believe how much it scares me to see things like that. They come with no warnings Edited by bstnsportsfan3

Don't be afraid of things that are out of your control.

I feel ya... But.... Two very solid acquaintances cut down by aneurisms and just about your best friend in the world taken out by a brain tumor...

You end up thinking way too much about things out of your control.