Rick Gosselin: Football is Back at North Texas. Big Time Football.

meangreener

Kid woulda liked it. Given the, um, prevalence of agriculture on Fry Street, I was really surprised the place didn't make it.

I don't know now I kinda wish I would have given it another try. I just got the buffalo flavored Macoroni and it was pretty awful. Too much Mac for me. They had the recruits in place but couldn't get a system together.

• Upvote 1

This place is unbelievable. A positive story by one of the biggest sports writers in DFW has us at each other's necks. Great job.

It's... Pretty much just you.

UNT90 doesn't hate Mac, and I sure as hell don't. What he's done since he got here is fantastic. He shouldn't have to bullshit or exaggerate it, because the turnaround is a tremendous accomplishment in reality.

Doubling the spring game turnout in 3 years is something to be very, very proud of. Misrepresenting things to make it sound even more significant is pointless and off-putting. To me, at least.

Kid woulda liked it. Given the, um, prevalence of agriculture on Fry Street, I was really surprised the place didn't make it.

It wasn't that good. Overpriced and small portions. Don't know the truth behind this buy I heard the owner decided to split from the franchise MacDaddy's and failed spectacularly once business went south.

UNT90 doesn't hate Mac, and I sure as hell don't. What he's done since he got here is fantastic. He shouldn't have to bullshit or exaggerate it, because the turnaround is a tremendous accomplishment in reality.

Doubling the spring game turnout in 3 years is something to be very, very proud of. Misrepresenting things to make it sound even more significant is pointless and off-putting. To me, at least.

If you have your head buried in the sand, sure. It's coach speak hyperbole, and probably taken out of context. Is it far from the truth? Likely not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It wasn't that good. Overpriced and small portions. Don't know the truth behind this buy I heard the owner decided to split from the franchise MacDaddy's and failed spectacularly once business went south.

That makes sense. I wasn't too familiar with the place. Franchise rogues rarely work out. To add, the parent looks like it only has three locations.

This was the worst job in college football, gramps. Sorry you're in too deep to get that.

The hell? This has never been the worst job in college football. As bad as Fouts was, there were worse stadiums (no really, there were). We didn't have much fan support, but that too is not unheard of (look at schools up in the MAC). Talent is all around us. I'm not some delusional alum who thinks we should be in the Top 25 and/or get an invite into the Big XII in the next few years or anything, but seriously we were never anywhere close to the worst gig in CFB.

We may have been the worst program for a few years under Dodge, but it was never the worst job.

• Upvote 1

I've talked with enough alumni, staff, people aware with the program and done enough to research to see that this program was irrelevant for a long time. I didn't hear that this school even existed until 2006 when I lived in Keller and Dodge was hired. And as a child, I was raised on football, college and NFL. This school was an unknown in Houston, and it is not like that now...within the last year or two. What else has changed except Mac?

Why didn't those bowl teams from the early 2000s run ads during the Pearland and Katy showings of The Sorcerer's Stone?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

I'm doing this.

why would you want to wear an orange sweater.., god awful...

and you can't wear that to Austin in Sept... you'd lose 35 pounds just sitting in the stands sweating

i understand the concept, but i'll proudly wear green over orange

i think this is where the disconnect is...

when he does these pressers or interview with media, he isn't talking to us... he's trying to sell the program to recruits and forgotten alums... so while we all know that this program wasn't DIII quality in 2010, he is trying to sell recruits on the fact that this thing is on the rise...

the main thing here is... who cares what he says as long as he keeps winning...

it's a pretty common thing around the country i think... big time programs have a similar dilemma

you think Les Miles is going to get fired for what he says in a press conference or for losing games on the field?

• Upvote 2

why would you want to wear an orange sweater.., god awful...

and you can't wear that to Austin in Sept... you'd lose 35 pounds just sitting in the stands sweating

i understand the concept, but i'll proudly wear green over orange

YES. Thank you. I KNOW.

These are all noted.

i think this is where the disconnect is...

when he does these pressers or interview with media, he isn't talking to us... he's trying to sell the program to recruits and forgotten alums... so while we all know that this program wasn't DIII quality in 2010, he is trying to sell recruits on the fact that this thing is on the rise...

the main thing here is... who cares what he says as long as he keeps winning...

it's a pretty common thing around the country i think... big time programs have a similar dilemma

you think Les Miles is going to get fired for what he says in a press conference or for losing games on the field?

Pretty much what I said.

It's just funny people will argue that it is actually true and tell you that you hate everyone if you realize it for what it is.

(Longest and most grammatically incorrect sentence in the history of GMG)

Yes, it's just coach speak, kind of like when Mac said "This is the toughest place to work in college football."

Oh wait, that was Dickey. The funny thing is that when Dickey said it, he was winning, and everyone loved him or over looked it. When he started losing is when all these comments came back up and the lynch mob was formed.

If Mac goes 2-10 next year the same thing will happen to him.

• Upvote 2