1st year HC Brad Underwood and his Lumberjacks

How about those jacks? After having to replace two of Danny Kaspar's top scorers from last year they went 18-0 in conference, routed our ass in Denton and are now heading into the tourney 31-2. Are they a fun team to watch or what? Great ball movement against the zone and isolating one side the key earning the constant backdoor passing layup, suffocating, lockdown transition defense. I love that style of basketball.

I hope they get a good seed in the dance, maybe a 12 or even an eleven?

Rick

• Upvote 3

If memory serves,SFA is a 12th seed, Tulsa 13th,and ULL a 14th. Nice job Firefighting Rick was right. We should have looked real hard at Kaspar, whom I assume recruited all if not most of these kids.

We deserve to know "ALL" the circumstances concerning Danny Kasper and the recent opening at UNT for a head basketball coach. PERIOD!

• Downvote 4

Human resources nightmare? Would you like it everyone around you knew everything leading up to your gaining (or not gaining) employment by a prospective employer?

This is not a private entity. We hear about coaches being hired and fired all the time and the reasons why. We just recently read details of Mac's contract extension and the reasons why we lost a few assistant coaches.

Look, was Kasper even considered for the job? I dont remember his name ever being mentioned. Do any of you? Was he even approached? Do any of you know? If so, what happened? Did I just flat out miss the whole process concerning Kasper?

I really don't think that is asking too much.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is not a private entity. We hear about coaches being hired and fired all the time and the reasons why. We just recently read details of Mac's contract extension and the reasons why we lost a few assistant coaches.

Look, was Kasper even considered for the job? I dont remember his name ever being mentioned. Do any of you? Was he even approached? Do any of you know? If so, what happened? Did I just flat out miss the whole process concerning Kasper?

I don't understand how public institutions like North Texas are expected to be a free flow of information, especially when it comes to whether or not a person was even interviewed for a high visibility position. Human Resource matters really should be kept secret as we're talking about someone's career, regardless of whether they end up working for North Texas or not.

Did you notice how the financial terms to Coach Mac's contract extension were kept confidential up to the point that the contract was signed? We all knew he was going to get the extension and possibly a raise but the financial details were kept quiet until all parties had an agreement.

It really is a lot to ask for as you could be asking the university to possibly disclose something that was confidential and should never be disclosed. Should a coach ever have to defend why he interviewed with another school (because it was made public!)?

Many of the employment details regarding coaches are made public but not until all parties agree to the terms. Coaches interviewing for a job don't have to agree to anything and therefore it really is not the place for the school or the coach to disclose whether an interview even took place unless they choose to and are not under any kind of NDA.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The word is he made his interest known, and we recieved several referrals on his behalf from some well known current and past coaches and staff members but he was never contacted about scheduling an interview. I'm getting this third person of course so don't hold me to it but I have no reason to NOT believe my source.

Rick

• Upvote 1

The word is he made his interest known, and we recieved several referrals on his behalf from some well known current and past coaches and staff members but he was never contacted about scheduling an interview. I'm getting this third person of course so don't hold me to it but I have no reason to NOT believe my source.

Rick

Thanks Rick. The fact that I don't remember hearing anything about Kasper being considered or his name even being mentioned by this current Athletic Department during the search makes me tend to believe your source. It goes against all common sense and logic that an alumnus who happens to be a "head coach" with proven success would not want or would not be interested in coming home to his Alma Mater.

I know next season is a bit off, but I don't think I can justify spending $720 on season tickets simply on RV's endoresment of this current basketball coach. Whats the old saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Love the jacks! I would go get their coach or the VCU coach. We have to be legit in the two power sports. There is no downtime for an ad or chance to rest in your success. Grab some coffee Rick and get to work!!!!!

GMG

• Upvote 1