SMU on A&M LB Jordan Richmond transferring to UNT

Harry

No reason these guys should be choosing UNT over us, especially with the help we need on defense."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/r ... ond-113340

I have $57,000 reasons why NT makes more sense for a transfer who is going to have to sit for a year before they can even hope to earn a scholarship.

Tuition $38,870 Fees $4,930 Average Room and Board $13,955 ANNUAL TOTAL $57,755
  • Upvote 4

I have $57,000 reasons why NT makes more sense for a transfer who is going to have to sit for a year before they can even hope to earn a scholarship.

Tuition $38,870 Fees $4,930 Average Room and Board $13,955 ANNUAL TOTAL $57,755

Transfers are not on scholly from day one?

"Was a 4* coming out of Denton Ryan...we should be cleaning up on talented transfers from P5 programs in state. No reason these guys should be choosing UNT over us, especially with the help we need on defense."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/r ... ond-113340

It's because SMU football is irrelevant. They're gonna have real problems when they lose big.

It's because SMU football is irrelevant. They're gonna have real problems when they lose big.

People need to remember that SMU could raid our coaching staff if they wanted. They have the one thing that matters in college football. Money.

And for those that expect UNT to roll over them on 9/6, you are in for a big surprise. That game is gonna be a dogfight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People need to remember that SMU could raid our coaching staff if they wanted. They have the one thing that matters in college football. Money.

And for those that expect UNT to roll over them on 9/6, you are in for a big surprise. That game is gonna be a dogfight.

We will roll over them, guaranteed.

Probably by 30.

Wish it was 70.

Not sure SMU could poach Mac, Chico or Skladany nor any of Mac's cronies. Not the young guys, I'm talking about people like Patrick.

Irrelevant.

Edited by meangreener

What I've always wondered is, unless you graduated from High Park HS, or some comparable upper income area HS, what could you possibly have in common with most of the general student population at $MU?

It is true, but they give out lots of scholarships. I know for TCU and SMU many students only pay half tuition because of need. If you prove you can make the grades needed to succeed then they will find you some money. Still I got into TCU and SMU for my masters and hated everyone I talked too at SMU. Even the administration acted like jerks (at least the people I talked with). At TCU everyone was nice and very helpful. That is why I went that way and why I still HATE SMU!

What I've always wondered is, unless you graduated from High Park HS, or some comparable upper income area HS, what could you possibly have in common with most of the general student population at $MU?

Back when I was in school, athletes that went to SMU felt that they were only 15 minutes from other areas of Dallas. I also don't remember many weekend parties I attended where athletes from SMU, TCU or Baylor were not in attendance (at NT or TWU)

Ummm you would be really surprised that most of SMU actually does consist of normal human beings just like every other college in America.

And the thinking that everyone at SMU came from wealth or upper middle class families is the biggest misconception and nonsense.

Back when I was in school, athletes that went to SMU felt that they were only 15 minutes from other areas of Dallas. I also don't remember many weekend parties I attended where athletes from SMU, TCU or Baylor were not in attendance (at NT or TWU)

And back about 10 years ago or so when the SMU frats and sororities were getting pressured about hazing problems and they brought all their pledges up to Denton.

And even SMU/TCU/Baylor athletes wanted to go to the parties at Johnny Quinn's apartment.

Hey, some peoples egos are so completely fragile that the only way to make themselves feel good about themselves is run down others. Carry on bashing other schools, students, coaches, and players. Whatever makes you feel good.

Isn't that basically what sports fans do? Not sure that's something worth getting upset over.