Season Tickets

If I could , I would sign up for the next 2-3 yrs..NOW

Multi-year season ticket packages. Intriguing. Maybe they should start offering seat licenses in the lower bowl like they do in the club. At a much lesser value, of course, but even at, say, $500-$1000 per seat, spread out over five years, it locks up the ticket holders for at LEAST that time period.

I have no idea how much season tickets cost, so let's say $150 per season, per seat. For two seats, that's $300 plus, what, $250 mean green club? $550 a year? Let's raise that annual total a hundred bucks a year including a drop in the ticket price to $125 and let you go out ten years on the license:

Season tickets (2 seats): $250

Mean Green Club: $250

Seat License per year for ten years: $150

After ten years, you will have paid $750 per seat for the license, and you then have rights to those seats for life. Your annual cost then drops to $500 (tickets plus mean green club), adjusted for inflation, of course. You then "own" your property, and you're locked into it for a long, long time.

Hell, while we're at it, as added incentive, let's through in those chair back things for those who desire it and waive the $60 per season fee for those who buy seat licenses.

I would start with trying to fill the gaping hole in the middle sections caused by the $500-level MCG requirement that was left by a lot of those who could/would pay that in the past moving to the club/suite level.

I'm not sure I agree. If I understand correctly, the club level should be sold out to capacity this next season, which should begin to spill back into the Priority 1 sections. And the buzz from this past season should certainly create new season ticket holders. As mentioned above, the iron is hot. You drop prices when performance is down and attendance is dropping.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

Long time reader, first time poster. ?

I've had season tickets for 3 years now and would love to move over. I buy 6 tickets, so the donation gets steep for my income level. I sit on the aisle one section from the club seats, and it is amazing how empty that area is. I fully intend to be a lifelong season ticket holder, so a license option that spreads out the club money sounds very appealing to me. I intend to move over next season one way or another. Sitting at the 45 for the bowl game made my envy antenna activate.

• Upvote 4

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've had season tickets for 3 years now and would love to move over. I buy 6 tickets, so the donation gets steep for my income level. I sit on the aisle one section from the club seats, and it is amazing how empty that area is. I fully intend to be a lifelong season ticket holder, so a license option that spreads out the club money sounds very appealing to me. I intend to move over next season one way or another. Sitting at the 45 for the bowl game made my envy antenna activate.

I know who this guy is. He's a genuine good egg. We need many more like him in the stands.

I'm not sure I agree. If I understand correctly, the club level should be sold out to capacity this next season, which should begin to spill back into the Priority 1 sections. And the buzz from this past season should certainly create new season ticket holders. As mentioned above, the iron is hot. You drop prices when performance is down and attendance is dropping.

Maybe I wasn't exactly clear--I don't really disagree with what you are saying. I am not suggesting the amount be lowered, just that filling in that area needs to be a priority. I have my seats one section over on the aisle, so I sit literally 3 feet from a seat that would cost me $250 more per year in MGC donation to get. While, if I had all the money in the world I would happily give it, I don't. I don't have too much incentive to spend more to end up with really not any better seats. I know there are plenty of others like me, because those sections next to the middle two are a lot fuller.

• Upvote 1

As Rocky Balboa might say........Absolutely.

And Bill, what would Fritz Von Erick have said? :rolleyes:

GMG!

I left my coat and Ducks Unlimited gloves in the back seat of your truck. I'll get with you next week or whatever. Maybe you can meet me and FFR at our next MG Coffee Club meeting at McD's? :hair:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

They also need a plan whereby their seats and Mean Green Club contribution can be paid out over the next six months. I'm retired and have to pay property taxes, income taxes, insurance, etc. in the last few months at the beginning and the ending of the year with a fixed amount of income. Savings withdrawals seldom, if ever, are put back.

The easier it is for new (and old) members to accomplish their goal, the more will try. I think I've heard of some plan similar to this but it's never been publicized...at least to me.

• Upvote 2

They also need a plan whereby their seats and Mean Green Club contribution can be paid out over the next six months. I'm retired and have to pay property taxes, income taxes, insurance, etc. in the last few months at the beginning and the ending of the year with a fixed amount of income. Savings withdrawals seldom, if ever, are put back.

The easier it is for new (and old) members to accomplish their goal, the more will try. I think I've heard of some plan similar to this but it's never been publicized...at least to me.

Mention the installment payout part to Silver E. on the way home from the HOD, Jack.....but would that become a bookkeeper's nightmare?

Young families would probably love that idea, too.