New UNT Uniforms

Eagle915

There is black in the trim. Always has been. But it's not the primary color. Neither is the vomit green yellow on your link.

More over, who the hell calls our team "The Mean Black" or "The Mean White"? This university has had branding issues for far too long.

We should beg to have them change the add campaign to black light to greatness or white light to greatness.

4da1a1a23dba011a7ba6918986a6b818302b949a

A bunch of goll dern wimmin talking about clothing for men playing a violent game. Worrying about " accent" colors and "branding" and "logos" like it makes a difference when a 305 pound defensive lineman meets a 195 pound back carrying the pigskin. "I just love how the green in your jersey brings out the green in your eyes" said the lineman. To which the ball carrier replied "that logo on your helmet is so tastefully accented in sky blue".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The uniform being posted on this forum needs to be seriously made for next year, including the shiny green with the black interlocked NT. Out green right now just looks indifferent. It doesn't know if it's trying to be glossy or be matte, so it just kind of sits there looking blah. Uni on here is legit though. This needs to be pushed as the primary home uni. GMG

• Upvote 2

Well, uniforms attract recruits, which in hand attracts better talent. Which equals to winning teams, which equals to publicity and money, which means on the lowest level of beneficiary would be us. It'd be us bc it will eventually bump our degree prestige up a few nods in the totem pole. So, uniforms matter. It's not wing-t football anymore. Perception is everything to 18 year olds coming out of HS. Uniforms are very persuasive.

• Upvote 3

A bunch of goll dern wimmin talking about clothing for men playing a violent game. Worrying about " accent" colors and "branding" and "logos" like it makes a difference when a 305 pound defensive lineman meets a 195 pound back carrying the pigskin. "I just love how the green in your jersey brings out the green in your eyes" said the lineman. To which the ball carrier replied "that logo on your helmet is so tastefully accented in sky blue".

I love it when the puffed up so called X&O guy reads every post on a uni thread and then contributes to it...

marketing to your target audience, branding your institution & recruiting young people are all part of the equation....

good design is good business

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 5

I love it when the puffed up so called X&O guy reads every post on a uni thread and then contributes to it...

marketing to your target audience, branding your institution & recruiting young people are all part of the equation....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/12/28/uniforms/?mobile=no
  • Upvote 1

That was good. I have an idea for the negative Nancies - if you don't like the uniform threads, don't read them & don't comment. It really is that easy to do.

• Upvote 1

Considering since I have went to NT, I have seen three different logos/brands be rolled out. I would prefer to keep what we have going for at least another decade or so before it gets freshened up to whatever seems hip at the time. That being said we will never, ever see an inter-locking NT on our helmets (or at least as long as we have our current Chancellor). The one that people love isn't even the same font as what is being used on everything else so it would only look even more out of place.

When it comes to the uniforms I am fine with that being a moving target. It's more for the players anymore as "traditional" uniforms are going by the wayside.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Considering since I have went to NT, I have seen three different logos/brands be rolled out. I would prefer to keep what we have going for at least another decade or so before it gets freshened up to whatever seems hip at the time.

you are missing the point...

I think most everyone is pretty happy with the university's current branding efforts.

This is not about a total re-brand or wholesale change to our current brand management....it's about adding our Letterman's interlocked NT as an additional mark. This NT mark would be used primarily in athletics.

...interlocked letters are not "hip at the time" they are classic & collegiate....ours happens to be unique & balanced.

• Upvote 2

you are missing the point...

I think most everyone is pretty happy with the university's current branding efforts.

This is not about a total re-brand or wholesale change to our current brand management....it's about adding our Letterman's interlocked NT as an additional mark. This NT mark would be used primarily in athletics.

...interlocked letters are not "hip at the time" they are classic & collegiate....ours happens to be unique & balanced.

Where the interlocking letters that the Letterman's association has for its logo stops dead in its tracks is that it is not an official (or rather -- approved) logo of the school. It will likely never be if URCM has its way. Should an interlocking NT ever be created it will use the current font that is being use like in the UNT.edu splash page:

brand.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Where the interlocking letters that the Letterman's association has for its logo stops dead in its tracks is that it is not an official (or rather -- approved) logo of the school. It will likely never be if URCM has its way. Should an interlocking NT ever be created it will use the current font that is being use like in the UNT.edu splash page:

brand.jpg

UNTFan23 sure likes the words never and ever...

I can just imagine if the design ideas were left up to guys like UNTFan23.

Hey...UNTFan23 question:

"What logo should we put on our new baseball team's ball cap?"

answer - you "never-ever" wanting to paint outside the lines or push for change may reply...."uhhhh I don't know....how bout spelling out North Texas in our special font plus have our mechanical diving eagle beside it"

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 2

UNTFan23 sure likes the words never and ever...

I can just imagine if the design ideas where left up to guys like UNTFan23.

Hey UNTF23 question:

"What logo should we put on our new baseball team's ball cap?"

answer - you "never-ever" wanting to paint outside the lines or push for change may reply...."uhhhh I don't know....how bout spelling out North Texas in our special front plus have our mechanical diving eagle beside it"

If you want to fight the good fight with the folks with URCM you are welcome to it, but those folks will tell you getting the Letterman's or the Alumni Associations logo on a helmet/hat will not happen. It's not me you need to convince, it's them. Convince them to "paint outside the lines," not me.

Here are all of the approve logos and spirit marks that athletics can use (requires a EUID acct).

I'll bet if the URCM department had its way the Letterman's Assoc. and UNT Alumni Assoc. would also use the approved branding to make sure everyone is conveying the same marketing message. I'll bet that's why you can't buy UNT Alumni Assoc. merchandise.

• Upvote 1

answer - you "never-ever" wanting to paint outside the lines...

He says "never wanting to paint outside the lines" as he's pushing the same interlocking or block lettering style that a long list of other sports teams use. I'll take the diving eagle or "UNT" or "North Texas" over the possibility of people reading "Texas Northern."

Plus, the last thing we need is yet another logo to add to the inconsistency of the last 15 years.

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ya, definitely a segment for gay, not gay.

I think we all know what the ruling would.be.

If you want to fight the good fight with the folks with URCM you are welcome to it, but those folks will tell you getting the Letterman's or the Alumni Associations logo on a helmet/hat will not happen. It's not me you need to convince, it's them. Convince them to "paint outside the lines," not me.

I'll bet if the URCM department had its way the Letterman's Assoc. and UNT Alumni Assoc. would also use the approved branding to make sure everyone is conveying the same marketing message. I'll bet that's why you can't buy UNT Alumni Assoc. merchandise.

Well here's my question. Who is the head of the URCM and who directs this person/committee to make "additions" to the official word mark?

FFR and I used to have to deal with some knucklehead with the University who kept telling us, and the athletic department, that we couldn't produce the battle flag because it was ILLEGAL to reproduce the Texas flag in any other color scheme but red, white, and blue. Rick finally (through lots of diligence and phone time) got an official opinion from one of the University attorneys that it WAS NOT illegal to do so. He presented this, in writing, to another knuckleheaded University bureaucrat when we were having a meeting with athletic department officials and the KH (once again) tried to say that the flag in question was "illegal".

You can win the fight, it just takes a lot of......persistence.

I choose to go the "come and take it" route. I have had some battle flags made with the NT-star in the place of the single star. To me this makes it more of a NT flag than just the color scheme. If any (aforementioned) knuckleheaded official tries to prevent me from flying it at a tailgating event, I will turn it into a public event...that hopefully will get some media coverage.

• Upvote 2

Ya, definitely a segment for gay, not gay.

I think we all know what the ruling would.be.

agreed this can all be comical at times....and that's a funny "bit" on the Ticket.

to all the "macho men" with the "who gives a crap about logos comments" & those who post "silly videos" should care...

because bottom line...big picture....it's about more money & respect for our university.

You want North Texas "athletics" to be bigger? We'll need to brand and market ourselves bigger.

To me...this is less of a "bit" and more about economics 101.

• Upvote 1