Jerrod Heard who?

emmitt01

If you think he's the most electrifying QB in the state you're wrong. He's not even the best in DFW. Kyler Murray from Allen is the truth!!

Says the Ryan HS grad. Ha! Bitter rival of Guyer HS, but, of course, that has no impact here. :-)

But, I tend to agree with you...Kyler Murray (Calvin Murray's son) is, indeed, the real deal. One of the best HS QB played games I have seen (TV for me) in a long time. That being said, Jerrod Heard had a whale of a game himself for Guyer HS last night.

• Upvote 1

Says the Ryan HS grad. Ha! Bitter rival of Guyer HS, but, of course, that has no impact here. :-)

But, I tend to agree with you...Kyler Murray (Calvin Murray's son) is, indeed, the real deal. One of the best HS QB played games I have seen (TV for me) in a long time. That being said, Jerrod Heard had a whale of a game himself for Guyer HS last night.

LOL, Not sure who Calvin Murray is, but Kyler Murray's father is former A&M QB Kevin.

I was at the previous highest attended game from 1977 ... Plano vs Port Neches-Grove.

I was also there in 1977, and that should still be the "single game" record. Only about 40 fans short of 50,000 at Texas Stadium for that State Final in the top classification back then = 4A. And that crowd was game-specific, only one game played that day....no extra fans like today's games where early game fans stayed to watch Allen or some late game fans come early to see the Allen game.

• Upvote 1

I was also there in 1977, and that should still be the "single game" record. Only about 40 fans short of 50,000 at Texas Stadium for that State Final in the top classification back then = 4A. And that crowd was game-specific, only one game played that day....no extra fans like today's games where early game fans stayed to watch Allen or some late game fans come early to see the Allen game.

Well boo hiss.

• Downvote 1

Kevin Murray's brother (Kyler's uncle) is Charles Murray who I attended NT with and was a WR for Hayden Fry.

I think Desmond White (1st team 5A All-State) had the better year.

Calvin Murray is Kevin's brother also and played baseball at UT & for several years in the major leagues (Rangers for a short time).

I agree the 1977 crowd was more impressive, however, that game was not broadcasted live locally and/or around the state. I think AT&T would have had at least 10,000 more if it was not on TV.

I agree the 1977 crowd was more impressive, however, that game was not broadcasted live locally and/or around the state. I think AT&T would have had at least 10,000 more if it was not on TV.

The 1977 game may have had another 10,000 fans too if they knew ahead of time it would be a perfect 72 degrees indoors like at JerryWorld. Instead the fans that did come had to take a chance and brave the elements to watch the game semi-outdoors at Texas Stadium.

Likewise, it's those extra 10,000 "weather-frightened" NT fans that we need to come regardless to the HOD Bowl. Will they show in 50 degree cloudy weather?

• Upvote 1

Calvin Murray is Kevin's brother also and played baseball at UT & for several years in the major leagues (Rangers for a short time).

Really, there is a Calvin Murray? How come GreenBat didn't know that? Who knew....well, Marty knew!

• Upvote 1