UNT C-USA All Conference Team Selections?

Harry

Abbe and Sarge. Our D-line was great this year. Their pressure was relentless. Not to mention Sarge had 5 sacks, and Abbe had 3...as a DT.

Byrd should get a look at RB. 3rd in the C-USA in rushing yards...over 1,000 yards with a 5.6 avg. He also added 11 TDs and a conference-long 91-yard rushing TD.

Darnell Smith should get some consideration for 2nd or 3rd team WR. He finished 6th in C-USA in receiving yds. Had 65 catches for 716 yards...2 yards behind Brelan for the team lead, with 18 more receptions. Only having 3 TDs will hurt his cause though.

Unfortunately I don't think Macek or Paul get any looks this season for STs.

• Upvote 1

With a 14 team league and several schools with better and equal records, I doubt that anyone from NT is a sure thing for the first team. Best chances, Chancellor, Y'Barbo and Orr. Others that get a second or third team nod, Abbe, Buyers, Trice, Lee, Lemon and Bellazin.

This

It's a big league , several deserving players will get left off.

• Upvote 1

Buyers was the biggest surprise to me this season, that kid is fast to the ball and knows how to tackle.

He probably deserves his own thread...

The addition of buyers and James Jones to the starting lineup is one of the biggest reasons for the teams success. hard coaching decision to bench a senior and a previous conference team selection. Props for making that call. Second half of ball state they took over full time and the defense has been solid ever since.

• Upvote 1

Still, he's considered the best player on the best defense in the conference. Who would be a threat to beat him?

I hate to burst your bubble but Shawn Johnson of Tulsa should be a shoo-in for Defensive Player of the Year. He leads Zach in tackles, interceptions, tackles for loss, sacks and passes defended.

Orr should absolutely be a first team all-conference linebacker but unless Johnson is railroaded for playing on a losing team he deserves the honor.

• Upvote 1