Rangers trade news

This means Elvis really has to step up at the top of the order for Texas to be sucessful. Kins does not have the power Fielder has but Fielder does not have the speed to steal bases Kins has. It will be interesting next season.

Fielder isn't taking Kin's spot, Profar is. Plenty of speed, comparable average, and less power.

• Upvote 1

Fielder isn't taking Kin's spot, Profar is. Plenty of speed, comparable average, and less power.

I know Fielder is not taking Kin spot in the field or even the batting order. Kins was a good top of the order guy. Elvis has to stay consistant and Profar will have to come of age to also be a top of the order guy.

I say we get Napoli, would be a good bat to add. We could platoon him at catcher with Soto, can DH, and can play 1b when Fielder is DH. Plus, this is hilarious. http://deadspin.com/mike-napoli-had-a-wild-drunken-shirtless-saturday-1457486890

They're rumors but it's out there that Napoli will get a pretty big deal and significant money in the 60-80 million range. I love the guy but no thanks.

Vegan. If Fielder said he was a vegan and looked like that, I'd call BS right away.

Nothing with animal product. No milk, no cheese, nothing fried in animal fat.

Nothing.

Seems like a hard eating life.

So then I had to go look up as to whether or not he's vegetarian or not (he's not). I grew up in a vegetarian community, and son, when people live on nothing but pasta, popcorn, and sugary desserts, they balloon up something fierce. I'm not talking a few extra pounds on the ole' spare tire after twenty years of marriage. I'm talking incapable of walking, wardrobe full of mumus.

Think about how they fatten up cattle before the slaughter. Do they feed them bacon? Nope. Grain. Specifically, corn.

Edited by oldguystudent

Joe Nathan is going to Detroit, and AJ is going to the Red Sox. They also traded Craig Gentry today to the A's for Michael Choice!

This is why I MIGHT spend the money to go to ONE game a year. Piss On 'Em!

Rick

Joe Nathan - Had two great years here but they don't need him anymore. They can save his salary requirements and give the closing job to Feliz, Soria or possibly Ogando though I think that's unlikely. Nathan is also up there in age. That's not to say he won't or can't have another good season or two or three but he didn't have much of a place here anymore. He was also used up quite a bit and some of that was in September.
Gentry - Nice player that will serve a great purpose on any team but he was what he was...a nice 4th OF'er with a lot of intangibles. People forget he's already 30 yrs old. His upside has already been seen for the most part Long term he won't be a big loss.
And the offseason is really far from over. This deal today may very well increases their chances of signing Shin Soo Choo and Nelly is still out there that can be signed as a DH/OF combo which I would so love
Not sure why you would not be excited...were you not pleased with the Fielder acquisition? The team is better now than it was when the season ended and we haven't even reached winter meetings yet.
All that said it was great seeing Kitten face for the last 3 years or so. Some say that Choice is ML ready now and could eventually be able to be an everyday corner OF'er.
Change was needed and inevitable this off season. Being fresh and not stale is very important and I think the Rangers FO knows and realizes this.
  • Upvote 6

I know Fielder is not taking Kin spot in the field or even the batting order. Kins was a good top of the order guy. Elvis has to stay consistant and Profar will have to come of age to also be a top of the order guy.

Have to disagree about Kinsler being a good top of the order guy. He is a .270 - . 280 hitter with an OBP of around .340, both low for a leadoff hitter. He should have been hitting lower in the order, but he was selfish and pouted when Wash moved him. He is also an error waiting to happen in the field and on the base paths. Time for him to go. I wanted them to trade him last year for pitching, but this may have worked out better.

Profar's ceiling is much, much higher than Kinsler's and this will give the Rangers the best IF defense, by far, in the majors. I also expect Profar's offensive numbers to increase now that he can concentrate on one position.

• Upvote 1

Joe Nathan - Had two great years here but they don't need him anymore. They can save his salary requirements and give the closing job to Feliz, Soria or possibly Ogando though I think that's unlikely. Nathan is also up there in age. That's not to say he won't or can't have another good season or two or three but he didn't have much of a place here anymore. He was also used up quite a bit and some of that was in September.
Gentry - Nice player that will serve a great purpose on any team but he was what he was...a nice 4th OF'er with a lot of intangibles. People forget he's already 30 yrs old. His upside has already been seen for the most part Long term he won't be a big loss.
And the offseason is really far from over. This deal today may very well increases their chances of signing Shin Soo Choo and Nelly is still out there that can be signed as a DH/OF combo which I would so love
Not sure why you would not be excited...were you not pleased with the Fielder acquisition? The team is better now than it was when the season ended and we haven't even reached winter meetings yet.
All that said it was great seeing Kitten face for the last 3 years or so. Some say that Choice is ML ready now and could eventually be able to be an everyday corner OF'er.
Change was needed and inevitable this off season. Being fresh and not stale is very important and I think the Rangers FO knows and realizes this.

This post hits the nail on the head.

• Upvote 1

They picked up Joe's option for another season but he exercised his player option to void the last year of his deal.

He ditched the Rangers not the other way around.

True. However I think they knew regardless they picked up the option or not he wasn't going to be in the plans with the team this season. Had he accepted option I believe Texas would have traded him to a team that badly needs a closer.

• Upvote 1

Joe Nathan is going to Detroit, and AJ is going to the Red Sox. They also traded Craig Gentry today to the A's for Michael Choice!

Rick

I have to agree that this is a pretty harsh response, man. Especially when you consider that the Rangers are actually making moves this off-season to make the team better. I don't know if you remember the late 80's-early 90's entire history of the Rangers pre-2010, but I sure do.

This team's history is chock-full of sitting on our hands and waiting in the offseason while other teams go out and acquire talent on a regular basis.

Will I miss Gentry? Sure! He's a great hard-nosed ballplayer and is arguably one of the fastest guys in the game. But we just traded what was essentially our fourth outfielder for an up-and-coming prospect from the A's organization. (Which by the way, is dang-good at raising farm-fresh corn-fed talent and they just gave us some!)

I guess if you're into the whole "keep the same guys here that we had last season, who didn't do anything aside from almost making the playoffs" thing, then having that same group that failed and a year older must be your thing.

But as for me, I like the way J. D. is trying to improve this lineup while not sacrificing anything from an already solid pitching staff. And the crazy thing is, I still think J. D. isn't done yet! I'm excited about the little Rangers in 2014!!

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1

Rick

HAHAHA...you just lost a crisp, lilly white $25 JD. Suck it and bring back Nolan!

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4

Little late to the party but you guys knocking Fielder's health and eating habits should probably pay more attention to the fact that he literally never sits out a game. He's always been healthy and in the lineup since getting to the major leagues.

Doesn't matter though, I can't support the Rangers now that they've traded all their white guys.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Little late to the party but you guys knocking Fielder's health and eating habits should probably pay more attention to the fact that he literally never sits out a game. He's always been healthy and in the lineup since getting to the major leagues.

Doesn't matter though, I can't support the Rangers now that they've traded all their white guys.

Haha at least you're not tip toeing around what Rick basically just said.. Good stuff man
  • Upvote 2

https://twitter.com/BarfieldRage/status/407973925717438464/photo/1

https://twitter.com/stopthewave/status/407969034949246976/photo/1

Who will I show my kids on the field and tell them to be like? A brown!!!???

Not in my United States of America.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1