Sam Hurd Regrets Marajuana Addiction, 15 Year Prison Sentence

But now to my real point: Sam Hurd wasn't addicted to marijuana. There is no substance in the cannabis plant that causes a human being to become physiologically addicted to it due to their repeated consumption of the plant in any form, be it through smoking or another method.

I'm no scientist or doctor, but I did get an A in my Neuropsychopharmacology class at UNT (shout out to Dr. Tam... who apparently identifies himself as a woman now??), and have my BA in Biology.

The chemical in cannabis that gets you high (THC) acts on the brain's dopamine neurotransmitters. ANY chemical that has an affect on this pathway has the ability to form a dependency. Period. This is elementary.

They don't call it "dope" for nothing.

EDIT: Not saying that all people who use it are addicted. There are people who can use any drug recreationally without being addicted. Addiction is a different animal.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

Honest question. Is there a test for marijuana intoxication? I don't mean a test that indicates if someone has used it in the past thirty days, but rather akin to BAC in attempting to measure level of intoxication at a given moment.

They have prototype models that do this,still working on it.

Too high?

Clever, but all the reefer madness hysteria that persists in this country would be much better aimed at, oh, I dunno, say, prescription pill abuse. That shit, in my opinion, does MUCH more harm, but it's totally ok because it's by prescription from unsavory doctors (kinda like pot scrips in California), and it tends to be upstanding middle class parents doing the abusing (kinda like pot scrips in California).

I got a vicodin scrip last month for oral surgery. Ate five of them over three days, and had a whole bunch left over. Made some flippant remarks about it on facebook, and my phone started exploding with requests -- from 40-something mothers. But it's ok because I got them in a pharmacy. It's totally ok that they've got street value, often times determined in strip clubs (strippers LOVE vic), because they came from a legal prescription, purchased and physically acquired at a pharmacy.

Actually, we're totally ok with vicodin floating around out there because it's highly regulated and accounted for, and doctors who over prescribe it get nifty letters from the government inquiring as to why. That some of it makes its way into the driver seats of minivans, we consider collateral damage for a greater good. We don't have vicodin cartels flying in from Afghanistan because the suppliers are wearing white lab coats, have doctor degrees, and are certified to distribute it.

But potheads are ruining the country.

Incidentally, vicodin sucks. Do...not...like. Will never, ever, ever understand why anybody would do that recreationally.

• Upvote 2

lol!

Like your bit with the girl ..... when a person in my class gets the hick-ups... I walk over stare at them (maybe smiling) they get nervous and react much like that girl (especially girls do) and usually they are cured... hahaha

Like your bit with the girl ..... when a person in my class gets the hick-ups... I walk over stare at them (maybe smiling) they get nervous and react much like that girl (especially girls do) and usually they are cured... hahaha

www.reddit.com/r/thestopgirl

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

CBS: "Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled"

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/04/study-fatal-car-crashes-involving-marijuana-have-tripled/

The researchers found that drugs played an increasing role in fatal traffic accidents. Drugged driving accounted for more than 28 percent of traffic deaths in 2010, which is 16 percent more than it was in 1999.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Honest question. Is there a test for marijuana intoxication? I don't mean a test that indicates if someone has used it in the past thirty days, but rather akin to BAC in attempting to measure level of intoxication at a given moment.

Yes.

Place this high tech marijuana intoxication testing tool on a table in front of the suspect.

DORITOS_COOL_RANCH_.gif

Turn around and count to 10. Turn back around. If bag remains untouched, suspect is clean and free to go.

• 1 month later...

CBS Denver: "Coroner: Student Fell To Death After Eating Pot Cookie"

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/02/coroner-student-fell-to-death-after-eating-pot-cookie/

DENVER (AP/CBS4) A Wyoming college student visiting Denver on spring break jumped to his death after eating a marijuana cookie that his friend legally purchased in one of Colorados recreational pot shops, authorities said Wednesday

Rick

• Downvote 3