I'm becoming superstitious...

JesseMartin

So yeah, I have had some pretty good timing thus far with mostly catching wins at the games I've attended. But there are two new twists, one that I realized earlier and another that I just noticed:

1) When physically present at games, we've won every single one where I've gone with a group dressed up like lunatics. This includes the NO Bowl against Cincy. I saw 4 losses at home, 1 away, and 1 neutral, but we weren't dressed up for those.

2) Of the games I've had to settle for watching on TV, we're undefeated when I get my whole family in on it. Watched ULaLa last year, and this year we couldn't get Tulane and only my son was with me to watch UGA and Ohio. Other games were either not televised that I was able to get (that I knew of), or were before I had a family.

Also, if I think we will win and I make a score prediction, we almost always lose. So no score predictions anymore (unless I expect to lose, then it's a wash), have to make my family watch, and have to paint ourselves like crazy people when we physically make it to a game.

It's only weird if it doesn't work...:P

• Upvote 1

i have been wearing the same shorts for the past probably 7 -8 years for tailgating/homegames...

they are gross... they are old and they have rips in them...

tonight, after that game, i was getting settled into the apt and while unbuttoning the shorts, the threads on the button basically disintegrated... i took it as a sign that y shorts were telling me that it's finally time to let go... UNT is going bowling...

• Upvote 1

I guess technically Ohio I watched on my computer. Sorry 5-0,I didn't go to Southern Miss but I watched it with UNT folks at ESSC. So I must either watch games in person or surrounded by fellow Mean Green.

By the way, do they allow you to take a computer inside stadium in order to watch live stream? Sometimes depending on the angle it is a little more difficult. I wouldn't do it , just curious.

The superstitions are funny. I'm sure many on here have them.

I wore my Friday green polo yesterday. The problem was I needed to be a little more dressed up for a meeting we had with some people that flew in from out of town....

F it.

I was the guy at the table in the Mean Green Polo

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

CRW, you are hereby commanded to carpool with somebody to every game you don't think you can make it to. I guarantee there are people on here you can go with.

Plan on going to every game the rest of the season. Kicking myself for not going to Tulane, We always lose away games when All About UNT goes without me.

The superstitions are funny. I'm sure many on here have them.

I wore my Friday green polo yesterday. The problem was I needed to be a little more dressed up for a meeting we had with some people that flew in from out of town....

F it.

I was the guy at the table in the Mean Green Polo

I applaud your courage/loyalty sir.

clap.gif

• Upvote 1

Road buddies for the win!

----

I as well believe in the almighty power inherent in the Derailed Unofficial Official Look-A-Like Threads.

Yeah, how we didn't get thrown out, and I didn't get my ass kicked by semi-toothless Bubba up there (I totally deserved it), I'll never know. But then again, no great story ever started with, "So, we were eating this salad with a light vinagrette."

• Upvote 1

...After watching my first game against Tulsa in 2008 (a complete and utter shellacking at Fouts)...

Be glad you weren't around for the 2005 game. I want revenge for that one, now that we've gotten our revenge on Rice!

Be glad you weren't around for the 2005 game. I want revenge for that one, now that we've gotten our revenge on Rice!

Ditto...that was my most recent in-person loss before I started moving around and ended up with a family, making it impossible to make it to any games. If I wasn't so far away, THAT would be the game I'd make a road trip for this season.