Tomorrow is such a huge game

MeanGreenHoops

We really need this tomorrow.

• Would give us a 3 game win streak
  • 5-3 record for Rice Game
  • Chance to play for 1st in the West on Halloween
  • Chance to become bowl eligible on Halloween

Next week's game will be so much more hyped if we win tomorrow.

Not a chance to play for first in the West, Tulane would be first in the West if we beat Rice assuming that both teams win this weekend. If we are to win the West, we need to keep winning and Tulane to lose a couple of games. If Tulsa beats Tulane this weekend, then we would be playing for a tie for the best record in the West.

• Upvote 1

Not a chance to play for first in the West, Tulane would be first in the West if we beat Rice assuming that both teams win this weekend. If we are to win the West, we need to keep winning and Tulane to lose a couple of games. If Tulsa beats Tulane this weekend, then we would be playing for a tie for the best record in the West.

So you're saying, there's a chance?
  • Upvote 2

I hope we avenge our loss in the 2004 NO Bowl. Still stings a little....03.jpegaxu3e09lx4e80p5bf0fo.gifaxu3e09lx4e80p5bf0fo.gif

• Upvote 2

But it's their homecoming! They have a Freshman QB who prides himself on accuracy! Their coach says our defense "doesn't do a whole lot"!

Aren't you just a little worried?!?

I am.

I mean, it looks like Marshall thought MTSU would just hand them the game. MTSU handed them a loss instead. Our guys better go in there like it's another shot to beat Georgia.

• Upvote 2

But it's their homecoming! They have a Freshman QB who prides himself on accuracy! Their coach says our defense "doesn't do a whole lot"!

Aren't you just a little worried?!?

like I said before the Tulane game... if you aren't scared of every opponent on the schedule, you are kind of oblivious to who we are...

#beatsomiss

• Upvote 5

If Tulane loses this weekend... and we win Saturday and Thursday... for at least 2 days we will be in first place outright.

Oops, so in my heart I believe that Tulane isn't good enough to win the west, so if we win Saturday, then basically we are playing for 1st in the West. Can that count :P

Either way, can you imagine, a 3 game win streak coming into a 3 game home stand? And playing Rice for bowl eligibility, not Arkansas State or Troy but a texas team? It's potentially huge.

• Upvote 1

Southern Miss isn't good, no doubt. I still think they will find some success throwing the ball against us. Mullens is very accurate, but his receivers aren't the best. Judging by how we like to play off the WR I'd expect them to dink and dunk. Although if we do get right up on their WR's then I think USM will struggle to move the ball because they really cant run the ball. Expect to see them go to FR. George Payne who is a big back. But with most big backs if you get to them early its hard for them to be effective. So if UNT gets some penetration on from the DL it will really shut down that run game.

I feel like I've said it over and over if UNT treats this like a playoff game and comes ready to play well then it would be crazy to think they lose. The only thing standing between UNT and a W on Saturday is UNT point blank.

• Upvote 1

I think everyone is thinking a little too highly of our team this year. I'll be the first to say that I'm enjoying our season, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we lose to SoMiss. My suggestion is to lower the expectations a bit and just be happy happy happy if we continue to win this season. Lets not start licking our chops about bowl talk just yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think everyone is thinking a little too highly of our team this year. I'll be the first to say that I'm enjoying our season, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we lose to SoMiss. My suggestion is to lower the expectations a bit and just be happy happy happy if we continue to win this season. Lets not start licking our chops about bowl talk just yet.

No offense to you personally, but HELL NO!

Don't lower your expectations. As a fairly new UNT fan who has suffered through losing seasons, you guys deserve to demand a winning season from a team that is more than capable of achieving one.

If we lose to Southern Miss and/or don't make a bowl this year we should be upset. This team has shown that not achieving either of those two would be a vast disappointment for everyone involved. Coaches, players, fans, everyone.

Too highly!? Too highly!? We thought too highly of the basketball team last year. They stumbled right out of the gate and never showed any ability to live up to the hype.

This North Texas came out the gate and smashed Idaho. Gave it everything they could against a good Ohio team on the road. Handed Ball State their ONLY L. Hung around with Georgia and proved they weren't scared. Beat themselves, with some help from the refs against what has proven to be a legit Tulane team that will go bowling with the great Joe Montana's son. Since then, put together a 2 game win streak, which is HUGE if you've been following this program for many years. Those 2 wins have been decisive victories.

I would be stunned if they lose to Southern Miss. They are starting 6 freshman on offense, and more on D. Coach Mac won't let em look past this and the seniors know every game is an opportunity to build their legacy.

• Upvote 2

No offense to you personally, but HELL NO!

Don't lower your expectations. As a fairly new UNT fan who has suffered through losing seasons, you guys deserve to demand a winning season from a team that is more than capable of achieving one.

If we lose to Southern Miss and/or don't make a bowl this year we should be upset. This team has shown that not achieving either of those two would be a vast disappointment for everyone involved. Coaches, players, fans, everyone.

So with a 4-8 record (3-5 in Suckbelt Conf) in 2012, you think we "deserve to demand" a bowl appearance, having moved up to a more difficult conference, a year later? Save me some of what you're drinking because it's gotta be illegal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

So with a 4-8 record (3-5 in Suckbelt Conf) in 2012, you think we "deserve to demand" a bowl appearance, having moved up to a more difficult conference, a year later? Save me some of what you're drinking because it's gotta be illegal.

Not so much that we "deserved" it before a down was played this season, and more that after we've seen what this team can do, anything less than a bowl would truly be a disappointment.

You know what?

It's time to start putting expectations on these guys. We should expect (as I bet they do) to come out of Hattiesburg with a win.

The worm is turning.

It doesn't mean anyone is looking past So Miss. I'm not. They're the biggest game on the schedule. That also doesn't mean we shouldn't expect the Mean Green to pound them judging from what we've seen from both teams this season... and yes, I remember Tulane.

• Upvote 2

No. Because I've seen us play 7 games already THIS year. I've also watched a lot of CUSA games this year, including at least parts of a game from every team left on our schedule.

Our defense may very well be the best in CUSA and it will keep us in every road game for the rest of the year. Couple that with Apogee and we should expect 3 more wins from this team at the least.

This is a 7 win team. Not because of preseason expectations, but because this is a team that has shown through 7 games that they are capable of being different than teams of UNT past and can make a bowl game.

If we can avoid pick sixes and giving up special teams (big if) than I don't see how we lose to Southern miss, UTSA, or UTEP.

• Upvote 4