National Football Post Mid Season 2013-14 Bowl Predictions

Harry

Dec. 21 New Orleans (New Orleans): Louisiana-Lafayette (Sun Belt No. 1) vs. Tulane (C-USA)

Dec. 23 Beef O’Brady’s (St. Petersburg): *Toledo (AAC No. 6) vs. East Carolina (C-USA)

Dec. 24 Hawaii (Honolulu): Colorado State (MWC) vs. Middle Tennessee (C-USA)

Dec. 27 Military (Washington, D.C.): Pittsburgh (ACC No. 8) vs. Tulsa (C-USA)

Dec. 31 Liberty (Memphis): Marshall (C-USA No. 1) vs. Tennessee (AAC/SEC No. 8/9)

Jan. 1 Heart of Dallas (Dallas): Northwestern (Big Ten No. 7) vs. Rice (C-USA)

read more: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/201314-Bowl-Projections.html

Interesting they would predict the MUTS in a bowl game but not us. The again, it shows them in the Hawaii Bowl, That's the only bowl game I actively hope we never get invited to.

Man I disagree with this.. we may not get a lot of fans that can travel to it but it's still a bowl game on national TV and the kids would love going there...

I want North Texas to go to a bowl. And any bowl is OK with me. But a trip to Hawaii is a big deal for anyone. It takes a lot of planning and a bunch of money. If I ever get back to Hawaii, I need it to be on my terms at a time that fits in with my work schedule. I can probably get off to any other bowl, but when I get back to Hawaii again, I want it to be for several days to max the expensive ticket to get there in the first place.

But for now...

Beat Southern Missisippi (still fun to spell), and then beat everybody else.

GO MEAN GREEN

Not concerned with bowl yet, except to keep possible dates open on calendar. Loss to Tulane hurt. Our goal needs to be beating USM and Rice, and arriving in Tulsa with an 8-3 record. Then the goal becomes beating Tulsa and moving on to the C-USA championship.

Here is Mr. Millers answer:

e319a6b0545104c87c77eef9288e0339_reasona Dave Miller @Miller_Dave blue_bird.pngFollow grey_bullets.pngMore Tweets 192ea4acd38835ea90ac1d467b418618_reasona Greg Goedecker@MGBREAK_DOWN

@Miller_Dave do you actually pay attention to what goes on in the non aq conferences? - 24 Oct

e319a6b0545104c87c77eef9288e0339_reasona Dave Miller @Miller_Dave blue_bird.pngFollow

@MGBREAK_DOWN You must've missed my inclusion of Lynch as Heisman finalist last year, my constant promotion of Boise as legit contender, etc

So no he doesn't really pay attention. Just what the mainstream media is feeding him.

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 1

If we got invited to the HOD bowl vs Northwestern, our band would get it's ass kicked....

We can only dream about a band that has Northwestern's devotion and commitment to promoting spirit.

The Big Ten bands all do it the old way. Wish we did as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Big Ten bands all do it the old way. Wish we did as well.

"Old school" being that those bands see promoting school spirit as JOB ONE. They wave the flag, pump up the crowd, and if the Northwestern video reflects the attitude of students at all B-10 schools, they are thrilled to be in the band. As opposed to feeling "put-upon" like many members of a certain band I've observed through the years.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Man I disagree with this.. we may not get a lot of fans that can travel to it but it's still a bowl game on national TV and the kids would love going there...

i'm with you harry. while the attendance from fans would be nearly zero, being able to send these seniors to Hawaii as a going away gift and being able to tell recruits that we went to Hawaii for our bowl game would be awesome.