Tulane's Highlight Video

SSP

I am amazed that they pull Shawn McKinney to take out the end and the guy he is lined directly up against is allowed to run right into the running back??? I am assuming they don't want him to leave a guy in front of him free to make a play? Watching this video tells me our offensive line really really struggled against a smaller quicker d-line...

And will Ryan Walters please tell Whitfield that he needs to watch the receivers eyes? For goodness sakes this is like the 3rd time this has happened...

I had to listen to the game online so I forced my self to watch it. On the blocked field goal one got through cleanly ... we just let him go. Everywhere else the blocking was solid. Unbelievable that on the last INT they ran it back. 9 out of 10 times someone tackles that guy before he gets very far.

And wow ... that radio announcer for Tulane is such a beat down. Horrible voice and he's constantly yelling.

Edit: Also, looking at how Tulane is stacking the line and attacking show they have no regard for our passing game. Apparently our coaches don't either until they have no option.

Edited by NorthTexan95

The missed assignment on the FG block was a really stupid mistake and a HUGE momentum changer.

I had to listen to the game online so I forced my self to watch it. On the blocked field goal one got through cleanly ... we just let him go. Everywhere else the blocking was solid. Unbelievable that on the last INT they ran it back. 9 out of 10 times someone tackles that guy before he gets very far.

And wow ... that radio announcer for Tulane is such a beat down. Horrible voice and he's constantly yelling.

• Upvote 1

Boy something else - man Tulane got away with a TON of holding calls in this game. If I was Mac I might send this film to the C-USA offices...seriously some of them are ridiculous because there is a ref standing right in front of the infraction... our d-line got screwed.

Boy something else - man Tulane got away with a TON of holding calls in this game. If I was Mac I might send this film to the C-USA offices...seriously some of them are ridiculous because there is a ref standing right in front of the infraction... our d-line got screwed.

Not sure that we are going to get many favorable calls in C-USA play with it being our first year in the league.

• Upvote 1

Not sure that we are going to get many favorable calls in C-USA play with it being our first year in the league.

Yeah, that and Tulane Homecoming and building a new expensive stadium and yeah -- like we said don't think you can keep this game close and win...

Jones has been solid all year. He is our best cover corner. Also, sweet pickup by Pegram at 1:18 and good pass pro overall. We're giving DT the time, we should be throwing deep more.

Also, the sack by LaFrance looks like the lineman were in slide protection and were leaving LaFrance to get picked up by a running back. If not either the center or the guard should've peeled back and picked him up when they saw they had no one to block on their slide side.

• Upvote 1

First off -- it's not that our OLine is bad - they are adequate and giving effort...

It's a combination of them loading up against the run AND the fact that DT offers no threat to run that makes it VERY difficult to get any momentum with the running game. On several plays I saw our linemen block well, heck even get pancakes but you are asking them to be the Alamo against Santa Anna on ladders and its just not going to work.

At this point I am resigned to the fact that we will need to try and win games with the passing game before we will get any chances to run the ball with success. Our running game is not respected and with good reason.

Right or wrong, this is such a B.S. explanation. Refs are to call games objectively. They all make mistakes, but giving one team and advantage over another is ridiculous and should be pointed out to the league office.

Point #2: Thank goodness we don't have to listen to that idiot every game. Makes me thankful for George and Hank.

Edited by UNTLifer

First off -- it's not that our OLine is bad - they are adequate and giving effort...

It's a combination of them loading up against the run AND the fact that DT offers no threat to run that makes it VERY difficult to get any momentum with the running game. On several plays I saw our linemen block well, heck even get pancakes but you are asking them to be the Alamo against Santa Anna on ladders and its just not going to work.

At this point I am resigned to the fact that we will need to try and win games with the passing game before we will get any chances to run the ball with success. Our running game is not respected and with good reason.

Don't forget the fact that we refuse to throw the ball vertically early in the game when the D has 8 or 9 in the box.

Hell, if I were playing us, Id run a 5-4-2 defense. That's basically what is being ran against us now.

• Upvote 2

Point #2: Thank goodness we don't have to listen to that idiot every game. Makes me thankful for George and Hank.

Concur! I listen to some of the ACC games on the radio here and am sure we have two of the best announcers in the business. That Tulane guy needs to have a little Grey Goose to calm down.

You know.... After watching both highlight videos one would think that we won the game. Nothing really impresses me about Tulane other than their swarming defense. But something tells me that our offense made them look a lot better than they actually are. Tulanes highlight video doesn't seem to show that they outplayed us as much as it shows a bunch of huge stupid mistakes by MG.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2