Same ole UNT

UNTexas

This. 1000 times this. If SSP sticks around 5 years, she will be posting just as I am today.

She will realize that no matter how bad our programs are or how bad attendance gets, RV is a lifer at AD because he has the right friends.

She will be lied to countless times: about club seating, about always having 6 home games, about a new and exciting offense.

She will begin to realize that the few fans of this athletic program care more about it than anyone at the university.

Then she will post like I do.

If she is still here, that is.

Give me a break. I've been following this school's athletic program since 1996. I don't post like you do. Most on here don't. There are a few, and unfortunately they are some of our most visible fans.

You can continue to b*tch that we'll NEVER get better all you want while you shut your eyes and blindly ignore all the positive signs that this year's football team is different. I guess it's not good enough if they don't win every single game??

• Upvote 1

Like someone stated earlier, we're all smart enough to see this is the most competitive NT team fielded in almost a decade. The attitudes swing here like any other fan board.

Check out the cowboy boards for the ultimate group of bipolar fans. Some of those guys make UNT90 look like Kram, and others make Kram look like UNT90.

:P

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

This. 1000 times this. If SSP sticks around 5 years, she will be posting just as I am today.

She will realize that no matter how bad our programs are or how bad attendance gets, RV is a lifer at AD because he has the right friends.

She will be lied to countless times: about club seating, about always having 6 home games, about a new and exciting offense.

She will begin to realize that the few fans of this athletic program care more about it than anyone at the university.

Then she will post like I do.

If she is still here, that is.

Sometimes I find it amazing that we get any new posters to stick around any longer than a few days. There is just far too much "you are new here, so let me explain to you why your opinion doesn't matter."

On a related note, it is already amazing to me that SSP has stuck around here this long given the general condescending response to females on this board.

you guys know I can see this, right? I feel like I'm eavesdropping.

• Upvote 2

SSP is going to be ok. She can handle everything we dish out and more. She has a good head on her shoulders. As far as following the program after her bro graduates, that's still quite a ways away. I will say this, if we give these guys a program to be proud of you will see them and their families return to Apogee in droves. I truly believe that. GMG!

This is your 1st year around here. After you witness 100 more games like Tulane, you'll be Mini UNT90. You'll come over to the dark side eventually. It's part of being a UNT athletics fan/donor. We all live for the annual kick to the scrote.

Im already there...UNT90 had me convinced before Tulane that we would see a bunch of conservative calls in the first half of Tulane. And just like he predicted... I will need to see 2 wins in a row now...

• Upvote 1

Give me a break. I've been following this school's athletic program since 1996. I don't post like you do. Most on here don't. There are a few, and unfortunately they are some of our most visible fans.

You can continue to b*tch that we'll NEVER get better all you want while you shut your eyes and blindly ignore all the positive signs that this year's football team is different. I guess it's not good enough if they don't win every single game??

What's our record again?

We heard we were getting better all though out the Dodge years. Never happened. If we finish the season with 4 wins does it matter that you perceive we are better than that? Not to me.

And your wrong. I'd be ecstatic with a 7-5 record, which is still a real possibility. Not Give-Mac-A-Five-Year-Extension ecstatic. But ecstatic just the same.

Edited by UNT90

Maybe I just don't notice it, maybe I'm one of the offenders, but the only times I ever notice a condescending tone towards women are the times someone feels it necessary to directly reference another member's gender in a post.

Why are we still talking about this?

• Upvote 1

This is your 1st year around here. After you witness 100 more games like Tulane, you'll be Mini UNT90. You'll come over to the dark side eventually. It's part of being a UNT athletics fan/donor. We all live for the annual kick to the scrote.

sml_gallery_1_2_54397.jpg

If you don't tell your husband, I won't. ;)

Ha!!! He already saw it. I ALMOST convinced him to make it his, too. My kids are laughing at it right now. My 6 year old said... "Hahaha! Look at that weird looking baby guy!"

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

Guess what, I just looked outside and the sun is shining. Actually, it really is...some of you need to get a new perspective on this whole "life" thing. Good gosh!

I really like this SSP person...hang in there, love the attitude and perspective. You will know you have made it when the "usual suspects" start calling you names and wishing death upon you!

Folks, trust me...the world is still spinning on its axis, the sun is up and will come up, and there will always be another game. It's called a game for a reason. Enjoy the ride...everyone is headed for the same destination...while spoil the trip with an always crappy and negative outlook?

• Upvote 2

Guess what, I just looked outside and the sun is shining. Actually, it really is...some of you need to get a new perspective on this whole "life" thing. Good gosh!

I really like this SSP person...hang in there, love the attitude and perspective. You will know you have made it when the "usual suspects" start calling you names and wishing death upon you!

Folks, trust me...the world is still spinning on its axis, the sun is up and will come up, and there will always be another game. It's called a game for a reason. Enjoy the ride...everyone is headed for the same destination...while spoil the trip with an always crappy and negative outlook?

Destination 6 ft under with maggots eating my eyeballs?

• Upvote 2