Someone from Ball State is Butt-Hurt

All About UNT

Sorry, but it looks questionable to me.

to me, if it's questionable, it isn't illegal...

kinda like the radio being offensive...no one really knows the explanation, but, according the the fcc, will know it when they hear it...

• Upvote 2

While this sore loser is stating rules he should also concede that there are penalties on every play. I am sure Ball State is totally innocent of fouls. The referee didn't see these multiple supposed fouls. Nor did I. I saw a receiver get lit up by a great hit. If they didn't like it maybe they should have played more physical. Football is a contact sport.

Edited by UNTexas

None of those were spearing and launching. It looked like guys trying to get low. They need to tell their player to fall to the ground if they are afraid of getting hurt. Learning how to be tackled is part of the game too. Not everyone can act like Marion Barber and get away with it.

• Upvote 2

Do we pull out the flags next time we play Ball State? Or maybe we play 2 below football?

2 Things:

(1) The Mean Green D did hit quite hard trying to separate our opponents torsos from the football.

(2) Have you ever seen the Texas heat wilt a team much like it did to BS in the 2'nd half? (Amazingly, but our team had to play in that same heat, too).

And how many weeks ago was this game? Oh well, some of us still talk about the 88' UT game so we can't go there.

That is hilarious. Almost everyone of these would not have been questioned had the ball carrier not lowered their head.

Fortunately, the officials know the rules better than this Ball State fan. Helmet-to-Helmet tackles happen during the normal course of many plays. If an official sees a defender intentionally lead or launch with their head, then it should be called as a personal foul. If the defender has his arms and body in a "typical tackling motion" (as some officials will say), then the defender is typically not penalized for helmet-to-helmet (or for leading with their helmet). I say typically because a defender will/should get penalized for helmet-to-helmet when coming into a QB while the QB is standing in the pocket.

In Lee's hit on #80, Lee is clearly in a tackling motion with his arms out and around the defender. Thus it is just a bone-rushing hit :)

Here's a good example of when the call will be made... Defender makes no attempt at making a tackling motion and leads with the helmet.

http://youtu.be/VvRKHy0QWZE