Lost in the Celebration was...

UNTLifer

Why didn't they let him take the long one? I assume they didn't think he had the leg for it, but I'm not so sure he would not have given us the better chance to hit the one right before halftime.

I'm just glad we seem to have made such a big correction in our kicking game. And it seems like there was something about Olen where he needed a left handed holder or something like that (which maybe we don't have this year). And I still like Olen on the kickoffs. How many of his kicked out of the end zone or downed in the end zone today?

• Upvote 2

Zac Paul excelled today and I'm giving Olen a break for today. Olen was told he would not be kicking FG today, period. Then was placed in the game without benefit of any warmups and, due to game clock, had to speed up his setup because the decision to try that FG was made late. Tony Johnson stepped up and did an awesome job as Dunham replacement after the first punt snap. Punt returns were there and Bre really picked the team up by keeping the balls from rolling down the field as we've seen in years past. Happy to see the Special Teams guys step up and contribute to a huge North Texas victory!

Dang, can't believe I didn't give the proper kudos to Blake Macek. If I'm not mistaken, and without reviewing the stats, i don't think BSU had any return yardage today! Way to go Blake and the North Texas coverage unit.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen anyone mention that the Ref's Mic Was Working!!!!!

George mentioned something about this on the post game. I forget the name, but there was someone that'd been working hard on the mic situation over the past week. George said that person was a runner up for getting the virtual game ball yesterday.