YOU gotta keep YOUR composure!

I have nothing against venting... but what good does being a drama queen do?

It's cathartic.

And when you, or any of the players, read this board and think we're off the deep end keep in mind that 99% of those on this board literally "put our money where our mouth is". We give, show up, endure. It's the thousands that simply don't care enough to have an opinion one way or another (or to walk into Apogee) that should draw everyone's ire.

• Upvote 6

I have nothing against venting... but what good does being a drama queen do?

Welcome.

Don't take it too seriously. It's the internet.

Also, maybe one of the mods could help you change your account name. Not a good idea to have your full real name anywhere on the internet, but especially here.

If they can't help, Andrew can give you instructions. He's an expert. :unsure:

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure if you go back to my post... the " get over it" was aimed at people who reference seasons 20 years ago in comparison to the kids are playing now and werent even born yet.

AND dammit.... I probably should have created an account without my real name... should have picked "meansteph"...

Heck, if I had as great a name as you do, I'd use it every chance I got.

• Upvote 2

I don't see a problem with using real names, especially if you are trying to stay connected and most people would otherwise have no idea where you disappeared to ;)

Plus it shows you aren't hiding behind web anonymity. There are a bunch of us who use some version of our real names (Emmitt, CMJ, KRAM, etc). When you're all from the same school, it helps you recognize each other.

• Upvote 1

not the mom huh?

soooo... maybe we can talk about some of these 'crazy' north texas fans over some coffee or something right? i just have so many ideas i'd love to share!

Oh Geez.... Seriously? C'mon.....

And thanks, people.. I'll probably figure out how to cut my MAIDEN NAME ;) out at least...

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am being a realist here but..... What the HECK, NTX fans!?!? Are we all blind to the fact that we are 2 games into the season?!?!? There are all these "my life is over" posts, calling for people getting fired, finger pointing and name calling when the reality of everything seems to be escaping everyone. This is MAC's 3rd year and HONESTLY----- if you ask his HS recruits, the REASON WHY they came to NTX was because they believe in him and want to be a part of growing this program outside of long time local fans. The reality of the situation is that you CAN NOT (YET) compare this program to the likes of the power houses in our state. We live in TEXAS (the best football state in the nation) where we have like five, Star studded D1 schools that are competing for these athletes . And we have a program that within the past several years has been a joke to the 3- 4 star athletes that share a city with the Mean Green. I know most people on here don't have a lot of interaction with the Denton and DFW athletes, but that mentality has slowly but surely changed over the past year and a half.

There are a lot of bipolar posters on here. One minute, we are going to go bowling... the next minute they are calling for people to be fired and d-bags. Realism, people.... Keep your composure.

And let's be realistic- the majority of you predicted Ohio as a loss. And we lost. We crumbled in the last quarter when it counted. And I get it that most of you have bad blood with getting burned in past seasons, comparing, etc....Whatever. Get over it. Every season is different. You can't compare this season to the last and you can't be over eager for things that TAKE TIME. We win against a terrible team and there are folks on here thinking we could get USA Today and AP poll votes. lol The reputation of this program will not heal itself overnight. For everything that we have witnessed so far this year, this program is improving. That is the bottom line AND that is something to write down.

QB- I am not the first person to toast DT when he walks into a party, but our freshman is not ready. SO STOP, relax. Dajon is going to be Bad-A, but not today. I think every athlete or ex- athlete on this board would agree that if you had to choose between a leader that is sub par, but can inspire a TEAM and a young player that shows mad potential and we don't yet know... well... need I say more? Why the conspiracy theorists? (Don't get me wrong.. the team was NOT happy with DT last night.) But, seriously cut the guy a break... Our offensive failures were a team effort last night.

I am not going to reiterate every fail we had last night... there is not enough room on this blog for another 'all knowing critic'. But, keep your pants on, friends.... AND CHIN UP! We have a lot of games left. Let's kick Ball States ass next week so we go into # 9 Georgia with our heads held higher.

I think your post has given me some kind of religious experience.

Keep on preaching, Sister, because our choir is much larger than you actually might believe at this point! We've all had our good & bad moments on this board, but I assure you I see most all of this group (positive and negative) all still standing and singing (or trying to sing) Glory To The Green when the Green Brigade strikes up the song.

I can't wait till the Ball State game. Maybe their most famous alum, ie, David Lettermen will show up at Apogee?

A double thumbs up for you! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

It's good that every UNT fan I know makes fun of GMG.com for the neurotic stupidity we should trademark.

Everyone makes fun of it. Even the people that post here. The fun part is when someone new shows up and thinks they have an original idea or some prophetic statement to "all" the gmgers that's going to magically change things, not knowing that we've all been where they are now a time or 2 before them. It's the truly stupid and ignorant individuals that don't figure that out after a couple months that end up getting the centrum silver posting bans.

Welcome to the board and fandom. Try not to overreact to the overreaction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think your post has given me some kind of religious experience.

Keep on preaching, Sister, because our choir is much larger than you actually might believe at this point! We've all had our good & bad moments on this board, but I assure you I see most all of this group (positive and negative) all still standing and singing (or trying to sing) Glory To The Green when the Green Brigade strikes up the song.

I can't wait till the Ball State game. Maybe their most famous alum, ie, David Lettermen will show up at Apogee?

A double thumbs up for you! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now if we can just teach her the proper use of multiple fonts and colors.... :fpc:

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure if you go back to my post... the " get over it" was aimed at people who reference seasons 20 years ago in comparison to the kids are playing now and werent even born yet.

AND dammit.... I probably should have created an account without my real name... should have picked "meansteph"...

Naw, real name is the way to go. Keeps you honest, respectable, and is a good prevent D on making an ass of yourself.

#JesseMartinStephaniePedigoChristopherWalker4lyfe

Oh Geez.... Seriously? C'mon.....

And thanks, people.. I'll probably figure out how to cut my MAIDEN NAME ;) out at least...

GMG

So, Pedigo? As in Pedigo Oil?

And BTW, keep our composure? Historically, we've tried that for over 50 years and look where it's gotten us. There are many people on this board (Harry and FFR for two) who followed NT football when it was vastly underfunded (the 1-AA days) and we were ALLOWED only 65 ships. We had a coaching staff back then (1988) who beat two SWC (Tech and Rice) schools and took Texas to the wire.

We've seen this repeated with one of our old league mates in ULM. Their third year coach beat Arkansas and took Auburn and Baylor to the wire before losing in overtime to both teams. They ended up going to a Bowl game and losing to Ohio......but at least it was in a bowl game.

I'm sick to death of moral victories. You (and others) can find solace in losing close games to the Ohio Bobcats of the world. But if I have to eat the scraps of "moral victories", I'll take what ULM was having last year.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I am being a realist here but..... What the HECK, NTX fans!?!? Are we all blind to the fact that we are 2 games into the season?!?!? There are all these "my life is over" posts, calling for people getting fired, finger pointing and name calling when the reality of everything seems to be escaping everyone. This is MAC's 3rd year and HONESTLY----- if you ask his HS recruits, the REASON WHY they came to NTX was because they believe in him and want to be a part of growing this program outside of long time local fans. The reality of the situation is that you CAN NOT (YET) compare this program to the likes of the power houses in our state. We live in TEXAS (the best football state in the nation) where we have like five, Star studded D1 schools that are competing for these athletes . And we have a program that within the past several years has been a joke to the 3- 4 star athletes that share a city with the Mean Green. I know most people on here don't have a lot of interaction with the Denton and DFW athletes, but that mentality has slowly but surely changed over the past year and a half.

There are a lot of bipolar posters on here. One minute, we are going to go bowling... the next minute they are calling for people to be fired and d-bags. Realism, people.... Keep your composure.

And let's be realistic- the majority of you predicted Ohio as a loss. And we lost. We crumbled in the last quarter when it counted. And I get it that most of you have bad blood with getting burned in past seasons, comparing, etc....Whatever. Get over it. Every season is different. You can't compare this season to the last and you can't be over eager for things that TAKE TIME. We win against a terrible team and there are folks on here thinking we could get USA Today and AP poll votes. lol The reputation of this program will not heal itself overnight. For everything that we have witnessed so far this year, this program is improving. That is the bottom line AND that is something to write down.

QB- I am not the first person to toast DT when he walks into a party, but our freshman is not ready. SO STOP, relax. Dajon is going to be Bad-A, but not today. I think every athlete or ex- athlete on this board would agree that if you had to choose between a leader that is sub par, but can inspire a TEAM and a young player that shows mad potential and we don't yet know... well... need I say more? Why the conspiracy theorists? (Don't get me wrong.. the team was NOT happy with DT last night.) But, seriously cut the guy a break... Our offensive failures were a team effort last night.

I am not going to reiterate every fail we had last night... there is not enough room on this blog for another 'all knowing critic'. But, keep your pants on, friends.... AND CHIN UP! We have a lot of games left. Let's kick Ball States ass next week so we go into # 9 Georgia with our heads held higher.

I thought I phrased this pretty clearly, but I'll reiterate..... THIS POST WAS AIMED AT PEOPLE MAKING LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS POSTS (Such as the ones I mentioned) that are nothing short of counter-productive to ALL. Including new fans, our athletes and future recruits. Venting, I get. Being melodramatic... just NO.

So, Pedigo? As in Pedigo Oil?

And BTW, keep our composure? Historically, we've tried that for over 50 years and look where it's gotten us. There are many people on this board (Harry and FFR for two) who followed NT football when it was vastly underfunded (the 1-AA days) and we were ALLOWED only 65 ships. We had a coaching staff back then (1988) who beat two SWC (Tech and Rice) schools and took Texas to the wire.

We've seen this repeated with one of our old league mates in ULM. Their third year coach beat Arkansas and took Auburn and Baylor to the wire before losing in overtime to both teams. They ended up going to a Bowl game and losing to Ohio......but at least it was in a bowl game.

I'm sick to death of moral victories. You (and others) can find solace in losing close games to the Ohio Bobcats of the world. But if I have to eat the scraps of "moral victories", I'll take what ULM was having last year.

Pedigo Oil? Not unless my other half is holding out on me.

No one is challenging any loyalties, faith or if you bleed green... Congrats on being a great fan. But, one has to wonder what the point of it all is if 2 games into the season you throw in the proverbial towel and make horses ass statements that you can't undo...? Or maybe it's that some people just like pot stirring and the look of their thoughts on the screen. Whatever. Do we even retain any of the staff or players that we had 20 years ago? 10? Just saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1