QBs in practice...any news?

BIG DAWG

This isn't informed or anything, but every time I slowly drive by practice on the way to the Pavilion in the last week, I've continuously seen Dajon Williams getting reps. Now yes, I realize everyone gets reps, but its literally every time... Number 11 wants it. Plus, RV raved about him yesterday in the GMG State of the Union podcast.

• Upvote 2

This isn't informed or anything, but every time I slowly drive by practice on the way to the Pavilion in the last week, I've continuously seen Dajon Williams getting reps. Now yes, I realize everyone gets reps, but its literally every time... Number 11 wants it. Plus, RV raved about him yesterday in the GMG State of the Union podcast.

What? You are watching practice? Excellent! Make it a very slow drive by....

• Upvote 1

Oh please. The freshman isn't starting.

If DT starts, I really have to think about whether or not I want to waste a few thousand dollars to visit NOLA and Denton in October.

Seriously? Come on, man, it's Mean Green football. When DT leads the team to victories in both of those games, you would really be sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Williams plays this year then he is really, really, really good or the season has gone horribly bad.

With three quality QB's ahead of him, I can't see anything other than a red shirt year in his future for 2013.

But, agree, reports are really sounding good about this kid!

I will say this, if 2012 DT is still the guy getting the 2013 start ahead of the talent we have...I'm baffled.

I feel like I absolutely have to believe that 2013 DT is better. There are at least 3 guys that are much more in line with the system Chico wants to run, wanting it very very badly.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Nothing was a worse feeling than planning my entire weekend around the Troy game. I was in Guayaquil, Ecuador and I reserved the entire evening to watch the game. I talked up NT to my work buddies. The game wasn't on MG Premium as expected and then the team laid an egg. DT laid and egg and Mac wasn't much better.

I am still bitter. That was free (minus the MGP subscription). If I attend those games this year, it will cost me a minimum of $3000, likely much more really. Am I willing to pay that to watch the same crap as the Troy game?

That is my worry if DT is our QB again.

You will be a much happier person if you learn to be "bitter" about things that, in the scheme that is life, are not that important, for much shorter periods of time. I was more upset after the Troy game last year than I can recall ever being after a UNT game and was muttering under my breath the entire way to the car and was a grouch all day Sunday. Was all over it by Monday! There is always another game. We have all spent a ton of money on games that were lost! Try to learn to let it go a tad quicker. You will live longer and enjoy more the years you do live! Ha!

You could have been an Alabama fan and have gone to the A&M game last year.... :-) Now THAT would have sucked!

EDIT: So, I see we have at least three folks who think staying bitter for extended periods of time and approaching a full year over a loss for one's team in a sporting event is a good way to go about life. WOW, must be some life if the worst thing ever experienced is a loss in a game that one is not even participating in other than as a spectator. I shudder to wonder how these folks would handle anything even remotely considered a real life challenge. And, I worry about their ability to cope with what life has in store for them. Hey, Dr. Phil is a UNT guy...give him a call...maybe he can give these guys a few life coping skills. There appears to be a serious need here!

And, I'll bet that 97and03 IS NOT one of those guys! Just sayin.....

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Thompson is and will be the starting quarterback. Deal with it.

If he gos down, then McNulty will be the guy until further notice. You haven't heard any news because there is no news. The depth chart is already set.

1. Thompson

2. McNulty

3. Berglund

4. Williams (RS)

That is the post-spring depth chart, and Berglund was injured during it. Assuming he is and stays healthy, I'll be shocked to see him still at #3 when the season starts. But Thompson has a big enough head start that he probably will be the starter against Idaho.

During the season is when things could get exciting. If we are winning, it might be hard to pull DT. But I don't think lack of depth is what is going to keep him starting.

• Upvote 1

If he gos down, then McNulty will be the guy until further notice. You haven't heard any news because there is no news. The depth chart is already set.

1. Thompson

2. McNulty

3. Berglund

4. Williams (RS)

Merit...uh...no

• Upvote 1

I will say this, if 2012 DT is still the guy getting the 2013 start ahead of the talent we have...I'm baffled.

I feel like I absolutely have to believe that 2013 DT is better. There are at least 3 guys that are much more in line with the system Chico wants to run, wanting it very very badly.

. But RV said he's looking more like 2010 DT. Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

1. Thompson

2. McNulty

3. Berglund

4. Williams (RS)

Whats the qb situation at UH? Im a Coog, but now I am following both UH and UNT. Very similar sitations in my opinion. Piland is not good. Most fans want a change. I dont see why you come on this forum and try to get people riled up.

A UNT fan can easily go on coogfans and do the same thing and say deal with it. Im on coogfans too, so I get it. It sucks over there. But because our board is dead, you wanna troll another team? didnt you attend UNT? Why hate?

• Upvote 6

I've thought since day one that Dajon has a bright future. That being said a red shirt season is a,ways best. Do any you young whippersnappers with friends on the team have any insight to the QB race?

That is what was being said in College Station about an incoming freshman last year. Let them all compete and let the best QB win.

• Upvote 1

Spring ball is to determine the starters. Fall is for getting those starters ready. You already know who our QB is. Trust me, if any of those others were better, they would already be #1 on the depth chart. Brock will be the #3 this year.

No. Incoming freshman, Jucos, transfers, injured players.

For one, I am plenty happy with DT being our #1 coming out of spring and fall ball. I like senior leadership under center and from what I have heard, DT has really stepped up and into that leadership roll. He, from all comments I have heard...not from personal observation mind you...looks very good in practice and is moving much quicker than last year. He knows the system, knows the players, knows the coaches and he is our most experienced QB.

I'll certainly leave the final say up to the coaching staff, but for all the "doom and gloomers if DT starts" out there, I think you need to wait and see before you "throw in the towel" before the season ever starts. With the team seemingly improved overall from last season (this according to coaching reports) I see no reason why that same thing cannot be said about the QB position. Competition at any position leads to improved play and there is certainly competition at the QB position this season.

Anyway...we will all know in just a few short days. Come on out and help fill Apogee for the season opener AT HOME this season. If for no other reason than to say you were able to attend a UNT season opening game AT HOME! Pretty unique right there, sports fans!

• Upvote 3