SOW Nike T-Shirt

cdizzle86

Just wanted to give everybody an update. I inquired to Barefoot Athletics (the new UNT apparel shop in Denton) about possibly making this shirt a reality and they said they could do it! He did ask if we would prefer them to be on Nike shirts or another brand that's less expensive. Personally, I would rather it be Nike, but I wanted to get everybody's take on it. Nike or off-brand?

• Upvote 3

Just wanted to give everybody an update. I inquired to Barefoot Athletics (the new UNT apparel shop in Denton) about possibly making this shirt a reality and they said they could do it! He did ask if we would prefer them to be on Nike shirts or another brand that's less expensive. Personally, I would rather it be Nike, but I wanted to get everybody's take on it. Nike or off-brand?

Nike for sure!!!

• Upvote 2

Just curious--why Nike? Are their shirts that much better? Or is it just to get the swoosh on the shirt?

i have the number 13 and 7 white shirts made by nike and the quality is fabulous. i also have other north texas shirts made on other brand shirts and they aren't near as soft...i like soft material on my manly body...

if i could get a nike shirt without the swoosh, i'd like that even more!

• Upvote 2

Just curious--why Nike? Are their shirts that much better? Or is it just to get the swoosh on the shirt?

I've always found that a lot of the other makers don't make items as nicely fitted the way Nike and other good companies do. I know it sounds weird and crazy but I'll rather pay extra to get something like Nike because it is usually cut, fits, and looks better for me personally at least.

• Upvote 2

Nike all the way. They fit the best. Built the best too. I hope this actually happens. I'm going to cry myself to sleep if this doesn't. Pretty sad we have to do this ourselves to get this made, honestly. I honestly would love a "vintage" shirt with the worm that says NTSU honestly, but maybe I'm the only one. Either way, this shirt in the real lime green would be life changing.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

I got a note from the Athletic Dept -- this design (up above) is not anything official and they are working on some new designs in line with the 100 year UNT Football Anniversary which will be revealed at a later time. So just keep that in mind before you pull the trigger on something,

Update: Just got word that the shirts will be $28/each on a Nike shirt, as long as we order 24-48 shirts total. I'm working on getting a little more info such as type of Nike shirt and also confirming that the color of the shirt is more lime green than kelly green. Is there anything else that I might be missing?

Update: Just got word that the shirts will be $28/each on a Nike shirt, as long as we order 24-48 shirts total. I'm working on getting a little more info such as type of Nike shirt and also confirming that the color of the shirt is more lime green than kelly green. Is there anything else that I might be missing?

I'd actually like our official green color shirt with the lime green (or whatever color it was) flying worm. If the shirt is lime-green, it only adds to the confusion of green in the stands on gameday. Lots of folks still have some old hunter green stuff they refuse to upgrade out of and these would be adding another tint.

Just a small concern.

• Upvote 1

I'd actually like our official green color shirt with the lime green (or whatever color it was) flying worm. If the shirt is lime-green, it only adds to the confusion of green in the stands on gameday. Lots of folks still have some old hunter green stuff they refuse to upgrade out of and these would be adding another tint.

Just a small concern.

We could do that instead if the majority would rather have that. I was just trying to keep the true to the picture and the theme of being retro.

I got a note from the Athletic Dept -- this design (up above) is not anything official and they are working on some new designs in line with the 100 year UNT Football Anniversary which will be revealed at a later time. So just keep that in mind before you pull the trigger on something,

Can't have too many options.

I'm in for the $28.

Just not sure I can trust the AD to do it right. They'll make a faded shirt and make some "100th anniversary" logo and that's it. I want Flying Worm.

I, personally, like it in the lime green but am OK with Kelly Green, too.

Edited by meangreener

We could do that instead if the majority would rather have that. I was just trying to keep the true to the picture and the theme of being retro.

Your reason is just as good as mine dizzle. Either way, if this is on a shelf somewhere, I'm buying. $28 is pricey, but if it's going to be a "one-of-a-kind" shirt that will only be available this year, then I gotta have one: price be durn'd.