SOW Nike T-Shirt

cdizzle86

I got a note from the Athletic Dept -- this design (up above) is not anything official and they are working on some new designs in line with the 100 year UNT Football Anniversary which will be revealed at a later time. So just keep that in mind before you pull the trigger on something,

This just means they'll tell you for the next few months that they're "discussing things in meetings" and then will come up with...nada.

100th anniversaries sell themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wanted to give everybody an update. I inquired to Barefoot Athletics (the new UNT apparel shop in Denton) about possibly making this shirt a reality and they said they could do it! He did ask if we would prefer them to be on Nike shirts or another brand that's less expensive. Personally, I would rather it be Nike, but I wanted to get everybody's take on it. Nike or off-brand?

Well done sir. I am headed in there today and will see if he is there. I figured he would be open to it. +1

I got a note from the Athletic Dept -- this design (up above) is not anything official and they are working on some new designs in line with the 100 year UNT Football Anniversary which will be revealed at a later time. So just keep that in mind before you pull the trigger on something,

If the design above is to commemorate the 100 years of North Texas football then there needs to be something on it that says so. Even though this would be, overall, the ideal design, there are other eras that have logos/art work that represent that era. What bureaucrats will lean toward is a very busy shirt with as many of those symbols as possible. To me, the ideal would be a common message such as "100 years of North Texas Football" with a helmet featuring each chosen era under the message.

So there could end up being at least four distinct shirts, like the one featured in this thread. But also the logo from the Corkey Nelson era, or the football shaped NT with the wings, or the plain NT from around the Joe Greene era ......etc etc.

I would also add a shirt featuring the classic cartoon Scrappy from the 50's-60's.

BUT PLEASE GOD NO DAFFY EAGLES OR THE CLIP ART EAGLE FROM THE 94 team.

While we're at this, can we get the folks ordering shirts for the bookstore/team store to sell this shirt but with an actual sport in place of "Athletics"?

LM21146-P002910.jpg

That is too funny.

As for preference...any shirt I would be in for, be it this one or any in the future, would be soft-yet-durable (not the cheap cardboard-feel stuff), and would be fitted a bit instead of a boxy shape. I know that may not be everybody's choice, but most of my options for showing spirit have made me look like a little head sticking out of a balloon or something. If it's not tapered, it fits like a kite. I don't really care about brands, just feel, fit, and look...and if you can get that with off-brands, then we can look spirited and stylish instead of trendy and goofy.

Official? Does it matter at all if it's official or not? If it's a good quality shirt with a logo I like, I don't care if the administration, AD, or LJ don't like it, they can all kiss my arse.

When I hear "the AD is working on it" I feel the same way as when I hear "Congress is working on it".

• Upvote 5

Official? Does it matter at all if it's official or not? If it's a good quality shirt with a logo I like, I don't care if the administration, AD, or LJ don't like it, they can all kiss my arse.

When I hear "the AD is working on it" I feel the same way as when I hear "Congress is working on it".

Agree. Haven't we been waiting for replica football jerseys or something of the sort for a while?

The worm was the logo for NTSU. Will this shirt have NTSU on it somewhere? I would go for that. By the way, I wish we had never changed our name. A lot of things I don't like about UNT, but I have ranted about that before. and probably will again. Would the Florida University of Commerce call themselves FUC?

The worm was the logo for NTSU. Will this shirt have NTSU on it somewhere? I would go for that. By the way, I wish we had never changed our name. A lot of things I don't like about UNT, but I have ranted about that before. and probably will again. Would the Florida University of Commerce call themselves FUC?

I'd love NTSU stuff. But the rest of this post is a fail.

Edited by meangreener

Every time this comes up I have to remind people that UNT was the original choice of the administration back in 61. Some UT graduates either in the House or Senate took offense at our proposed name change, and threatened to filibuster the bill as written. NTSU was the compromise name.......but again, not our (1961) administrators' preference.

• Upvote 3