No quit

emmitt01

I have to agree. I called the game over in the chatroom when we got down 15 with....10-11 minutes to go? But we got back into the game and even closed to within 4-5 at one point.

It depends on our draw in Hot Springs. If we get a favorable draw, and a win, we could get some confidence going for the better teams. We'll see how we match up against UALR this time. They just had a amazing comeback...they'll either be really flat our super fired up on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

if we can just get Alzee and Holmen back then we should be able to defend the 3 better as well as getting us an option behind the arc.

We had a couple guys tonight make some shots behind the arc tonight for the first time this season but those are not high percentage shots we want.

That's what we have to take a chance when teams are loading the box because they know we have no guards right now.

• Upvote 1

Both teams had great effort last nights, but just ran into substantially better teams. A few observations:

Girls

Great first ten minutes

Handled the MT press real well

Female referee was awful and I think actually changed the game

MT just too strong inside

NT just can't match up with tall athletic posts, and MT had two

Disappointing results, only lost by 2 at Middle

Disappointing also, was the attendance for the best NT bb team

Outstanding three shooting in first half

Goodwin and Hyder, both could be all time NT greats

Their careers could surpass those two teammates with banners in the SP

Boys

I have never questioned their effort, glad others are now seeing that

Even with very limited bench, Benford still makes crazy substitutions

Short bench, has given Niko opportunity and he is taken advantage

Mitchell mugged as usual

Mitchell really tried to get to the basket, unfortunately it resulted in more tos than points

Mitchell with 7 turnovers

MT didn't miss when it mattered

MT is best in conference, but NT with Alzee and maybe Jones can beat them in Hot Springs

• Upvote 1

Women's basketball:

6-4 in conference

1 bad loss (blowout against UNM)

Men's basketball:

3-7 in conference

Several bad losses (including a loss to D2 UA-H)

By that logic I'd assume one of the undefeated intramural squads is the best NT bball has to offer.

But seriously, the ladies are several games under .500 as well. Seems a little weird to act like their great season is being overlooked.

By that logic I'd assume one of the undefeated intramural squads is the best NT bball has to offer.

But seriously, the ladies are several games under .500 as well. Seems a little weird to act like their great season is being overlooked.

guarenteed22 can back me up on this.... But I can think of at least 2 intramural squads that would take this current team to town.

I'm pretty sure GrandGreen wasn't suggesting that the women would beat the men in head-to-head competition, smart guy. But they are more competitive against their competition.

The women have overall played much better than the men despite having a remote fraction of the hype. However, that was not the point at all. Let me spell it out for you in the vague hope you will get the point. The women are leading the Western division and were playing the best team in the league in front of a crowd that in the first ten minutes of the game may have numbered 200 fans. So yes, I think the attendance was disappointing.

The women have overall played much better than the men despite having a remote fraction of the hype. However, that was not the point at all. Let me spell it out for you in the vague hope you will get the point. The women are leading the Western division and were playing the best team in the league in front of a crowd that in the first ten minutes of the game may have numbered 200 fans. So yes, I think the attendance was disappointing.

You do acknowledge that 5pm on a weekday had a hand in the attendance, no?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You do acknowledge that 5pm on a weekday had a hand in the attendance, no?

Yes, there are many that can't make the early time, it is even difficult to make the men's game on a weekday for many. However, I still find the attendance disappointing for a very hard working young team. I will also be surprised if it is significantly better today.

Attendance was actually much better in prior Thursday games but that may have been due to promotions, ie massive basketball dribbing groups.

WBB has never been very well supported at NT even in the few Slinker good years. I do think with Petersen, NT has a coach that will build a very strong program and the many wishing to support a winning NT program might want to add their support. This team is very young and should only get better and I don't see Petersen pulling a Aston and leaving any time soon.

An

• Upvote 2

Yes, there are many that can't make the early time, it is even difficult to make the men's game on a weekday for many. However, I still find the attendance disappointing for a very hard working young team. I will also be surprised if it is significantly better today.

Attendance was actually much better in prior Thursday games but that may have been due to promotions, ie massive basketball dribbing groups.

WBB has never been very well supported at NT even in the few Slinker good years. I do think with Petersen, NT has a coach that will build a very strong program and the many wishing to support a winning NT program might want to add their support. This team is very young and should only get better and I don't see Petersen pulling a Aston and leaving any time soon.

An

It's woman's basketball, hardly any schools outside the top 10 have decent attendance...

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1