I want some answers

mgfan

I want a statement from the athletic department and benfors on how they plan on turn this season around. Benford is F ing up what took JJ years to build. Attendance numbers will reflect this season.

Well, there was a coach's show tonight at Rudy's in Denton. There was also a mike where you could ask Benford any questions you want in person. So since you live in Krum, perhaps you can come to a show.

• Upvote 3

I want a statement from the athletic department and benfors on how they plan on turn this season around. Benford is F ing up what took JJ years to build. Attendance numbers will reflect this season.

If you want answers it would probably serve you better to ask someone who might have the answers. They have phones where you live, right? Or, like Dozer mentioned, Coach show live and in person every Monday at 7PM at Rudy's in Denton.

Interesting thing is, I heard this same comment from folks during last year's football season, yet they never showed up to ask Coach Mac in person. I wonder why that was?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Busy? Gave up on a losing? Figured he would just get coach talk or the run around.

They need to adress the mean green nation, this is horrible. Surely they know the frustration of the fans how long they going to ignore it? Big time schools wouldn't let this happen but we are little ol north Texas. People wonder why others don't give time or money to the university. Oh well always next year right?

A statement from the AD would be nice. No reason to bother asking Benford since it seems pretty obvious he doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

On the plus side for Benford and his apologists he won't have to worry much about fans coming to the coaches show or games if this keeps up. Plus side for UNT, he will never see that bonus for season tickets sold.

I am not sure what RV could say. I am sure he is appalled at the team's performance, but he is not likely to criticize the coach he just hired. Likewise, what do you expect Benford to say other than the excuses he has already delivered.

As for the suggestion to go directly to the source, really what would that accomplish. More excuses are some type of unpleasant confrontation.

No NT fan is happy with the men's basketball situation, but frankly there is only two choices to be made. Stay with Benford or get someone else. It would take a lot to terminate a first year coach and the do nothing approach is much easier.

• Upvote 1

If you want answers it would probably serve you better to ask someone who might have the answers. They have phones where you live, right? Or, like Dozer mentioned, Coach show live and in person every Monday at 7PM at Rudy's in Denton.

Interesting thing is, I heard this same comment from folks during last year's football season, yet they never showed up to ask Coach Mac in person. I wonder why that was?

Because, unless things have changed, there has never been any such thing as a truly "open mic" at these coach's shows. All questions are pre-screened for softball status.

Not surprisingly, I'm sure your questions have never been turned away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I will e mail RV. That doesn't negate the fact that I believe they should address all mean green fans and I will stand firm that they do.

lastly don't reporters ask thesetypes of questions? Where is Vito?

Vito gets his info and opinions from gmg.com

The only difference is he can contact the Ath Dept to confirm the rumors and connect the dots conveniently drawn for him here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because, unless things have changed, there has never been any such thing as a truly "open mic" at these coach's shows. All questions are pre-screened for softball status.

Not surprisingly, I'm sure your questions have never been turned away.

Well, if you ever came you would know that the open mic is indeed "open". At times they all but beg for folks to come to the open mic...at least they did during the Coach Mac Shows..hard to "censor" a guy's question that just walks up to the mic. And, FYI...I have never asked an open mic question...so, have no clue if mine would be answered or not or if I would be "turned away". Have never seen anyone "turned away". You know, Sarge, folks do come from Dallas for the shows, so the highway is open for you to come and see first hand how these things work these days instead of just throwing out some childish barb at me all the time.

What's interesting to me is that all those who "want answers" and have all this, often negative, stuff to say here on GMG.Com never seem willing to show up and ask those questions to the coach or someone who might could actually answer them. And, like GrandGreen said...what in the heck do you want them to say anyway? You want RV to throw Benford under the bus in public? Not going to happen and should not! You want some public mea culpa from RV or from Benford or from Mac? Not going to happen...what dream world are you living in?

And, again, FYI...I rarely attend the BB Coach Show. Probably should, may well, this season, but just have been a tad busy...but did make all but one of the Coach Mac Shows...unfortunately the one where Coach Mac bought everyone in attendance a beer! Bummer. But, you are free to attend and see how this works now, and so is anyone who wants "an answer"...try the open mic. They can't ignore the question in an open mic very well, but the real question is...will anyone ask that kind of question in person in public? Hmmmmm..I am certain of one thing, however, you will find yet another way to send a little positive comment my way. Things

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Well, if you ever came you would know that the open mic is indeed "open". At times they all but beg for folks to come to the open mic...at least they did during the Coach Mac Shows..hard to "censor" a guy's question that just walks up to the mic. And, FYI...I have never asked an open mic question...so, have no clue if mine would be answered or not or if I would be "turned away". Have never seen anyone "turned away". You know, Sarge, folks do come from Dallas for the shows, so the highway is open for you to come and see first hand how these things work these days instead of just throwing out some childish barb at me all the time.

What's interesting to me is that all those who "want answers" and have all this, often negative, stuff to say here on GMG.Com never seem willing to show up and ask those questions to the coach or someone who might could actually answer them. And, like GrandGreen said...what in the heck do you want them to say anyway? You want RV to throw Benford under the bus in public? Not going to happen and should not! You want some public mea culpa from RV or from Benford or from Mac? Not going to happen...what dream world are you living in?

And, again, FYI...I rarely attend the BB Coach Show. Probably should, may well, this season, but just have been a tad busy...but did make all but one of the Coach Mac Shows...unfortunately the one where Coach Mac bought everyone in attendance a beer! Bummer. But, you are free to attend and see how this works now, and so is anyone who wants "an answer"...try the open mic. They can't ignore the question in an open mic very well, but the real question is...will anyone ask that kind of question in person in public? Hmmmmm..I am certain of one thing, however, you will find yet another way to send a little positive comment my way. Things

I think nobody drinks the Green Cool Aid more than KRAM.... But he's certainly right here. There's nobody stopping us from going to ask some hard hitting questions.

I haven't been to a basketball coach show this year because I'm so down about how the season is going relative to how I thought it was going to go. But I have been to a good many football coach shows and have asked questions a number of times. And many times, I asked a question just to help the Q & A along a bit. Like KRAM says sometimes they are really looking for questions from the audience.

All you have to do is to move up to one of the front seats when George or Hank announce that they will answer questions from the fans present. The first questioner picks up the michrophone, asks a question and hands the mich to the next questioner. It's literally like talking to the coach from across the table. No cue cards, no make-up.

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

Let me see if I fully understand.

1)We should show up to get our answers.

2)It's well established that RV won't "throw Benford under the bus" and that Benford is not going to publicly admit "hey, I'm lost here". So, basically, the only real insight that we could possibly be there to get it not gonna be forthcoming. I can listen to "We really gotta defend the three better" or "It's hard with the injuries we've suffered" from the comfort of home. They won't mention just what crimes these players are committing that keep them from playing, they won't openly admit to pre-game practices (though a player's relative conceded as much), and they're surely not gonna admit to internal discord betwwen this coaching hire and the kids (you know, the ones we'd rather persecute than the grown men paid to teach them). So, tell me Kram, what exactly is there to ask?

3)You readily admit to being "too busy" to attend these basketball coach's shows. So, having a life outside of MG functions is apparently a valid excuse. Guess the fact that others may work on Mondays slipped your mind before your flippant "the highways are open" comment?

4)And you're absolutely crazy if you think that mic wouldn't be powered off mid sentence when/if somebody stepped up there to ask "Coach, you were given a roster that many nationally thought was loaded. At worst they're Sun Belt title contender worthy...we saw that just last year. How have you managed to drastically underperform with this team?" Yeah, I see that getting a real honest answer. Don't you?

5)Finally, perhaps you've missed the real point behind what many are complaining about (shocked). A Q&A session is only worthwhile if both sides feel that there is an earnest attempt to be forthcoming with information and be, wait for it, accountable. Many feel that there is nothing more than spin coming out of Bonnie Brae these days and that mistakes like this one are not going to be acknowledged regardless of the poor product (see Dodge circa 2007 all the way to 2011). Now THAT, my friend, is wishful thinking.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3