Aryk St up fast

golfingomez

I don't know how arky state has looked in their prior games but they are certainly impressive tonight.

Their speed at most positions is a real concern.

I hope McCarney and the players are all watching this game together - it should certainly eliminate any thoughts that arky state is not as strong as was first thought at the beginning of the season.

Scary good tonight!

• Upvote 2

I don't know how arky state has looked in their prior games but they are certainly impressive tonight.

Their speed at most positions is a real concern.

I hope McCarney and the players are all watching this game together - it should certainly eliminate any thoughts that arky state is not as strong as was first thought at the beginning of the season.

Scary good tonight!

40-14 Arky State in the 4th...this one is done...2 Tuesday night ESPN2 losses in a row for LaLa....OUCH!

• Upvote 1

Looks like we are gonna get Arky State right as they are hitting stride. Two things we cannot do against them are get behind early and turn the ball over.

LaLa had 5 turnovers and Arky State had 0. Tought to win games like that. Luckily that is our specialty so hopefully we can win the turnover battle.

We should be able to move the ball on them, but it will be interesting to see how our D stacks up against the speed they have on offense.

Edited by BillySee58

Alumni side was close to full during the meat of the game.

And wasn't it nice for ASU to leave Aplin in the entire game.

I wasn't happy about that at all. No need risking injury.

On the flip side, ASU's final 27 plays were runs. Until that point we had 31 pass attempts and 23 rushes, and finished with 50 rushing attempts.

• Upvote 2

LaLa had 5 turnovers and Arky State had 0. Tought to win games like that. Luckily that is our specialty so hopefully we can win the turnover battle.

We need some of these turnovers. Sure seems we are good at softening up a team to commit them after UH/SMU and ULL/ASU.

ASU has looked unbelievably good and unbelievably bad this year. I think Apogee's new fangled indoor plumbing, light fixtures, etc... will mesmerize the Red Wolves and they will lose focus on the game.

Being a football coach makes watching games very interesting and annoying for some people. But that game last night was kind of a joke LALA never adjusted to ASU's run game. At one point ASU ran the same play 5 times in a row (simple 34 GT counter) LALA's 3-4 defense line was getting washed down and their linebackers were not reading the pull. I mean ESPN cameras showed ASU's coaching mouthing run the same play over and over again.. SCheme wise i think we match up much better than LALA simply because our 4 man front makes it more difficult to wash down and our linebackers are much much better ball players than the cajuns!!

• Upvote 2

Looking at ArkSt's stats - they've got what looks like a questionable defense. They're ranked 80 in the nation for points scored against, and it looks like they have a weaker overall schedule than our guys do. Their offense is still frightening though. They put up a pile of points on Oregon, more than anyone else on Oregon's schedule.

• Upvote 2

LaLa's defensive effort aside, they are absolutely reeling from all the injuries to their best skill players on offense. That's probably the game of the year in the Sun Belt this year (or runner up to ULM/WKU) if both sides come in healthy.

I also wouldn't read too much into how many points/yards ASU put up on Oregon. They were down something like 50-3 midway through the second quarter. Having said that, they certainly have enough good-to-great Sun Belt level skill players to make life difficult on us.