remember that OU game we lost during the Dodge era

outoftown

if after that 79-10 game you considered going over to the evil empire and becoming a burnt orange fan in order not to go down like that ever again....

...If you are reading this:

You made the right choice

...you sure have to be happy to still be a NT fan. At least if you are watching OU-UT right now. UT looks absolutely terrible, worse than we ever have under Coach Mac.

UT fans leaving the stadium before halftime

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Glad to see UT not only lose, but get blown out. Programs with the size of their ego can't handle these type of loses very well. I am sure an internal melt down (and possibly external with the fans) is in progress as we speak. Great day today.

• Downvote 1

Interesting to me that so many Texans would get so much joy out of seeing a team from Oklahoma beat Texas. Really interesting I think....

A good friend of mine played for OU under Switzer. Most of OU's roster is full of Texas players. This isn't a state of Texas vs the state of Oklahoma to quite a few people...

Interesting to me that so many Texans would get so much joy out of seeing a team from Oklahoma beat Texas. Really interesting I think....

I hear this argument way too much. Why should someone from Texas owe an allegiance to UT? Why does the location matter? It's not like OU is from an enemy country or something. Hell, most of their players are FROM TEXAS. I dislike UT probably because I come in contact with more UT bandwagon fans than any other University. That, and I think it's funny how much money they spend, yet rarely yield results. They're basically the Yankees of college football, but at least the Yankees win. Sure, they caught lightning in a bottle with Vince Young, but they have no excuse to ever go 5-7. And no, I don't like OU either. I wish they could both lose every week, but unfortunately they have to play each other once a year.

• Upvote 3

Just because I share a state with something doesn't mean I have to support it. I don't support a team just because I exist on the same chunk of dirt it does. I support it if I've got emotional attachment to it, and I've got none of that for UT.

• Upvote 1

I'm shocked and dismayed at the attitude of some Texans toward ut. No, not really. I was out bow hunting with my son and missed the game. I never thought I would be happy about ut having their own network, but not in this case as I got to see every glorious moment of the Red River Rout.

The best part is the longhorn network keeps playing it over and over. Ironic isn't it.

If you aren't from Texas you may never totally understand why some of us relish moments like this.