What EXACTLY is Vito's Agenda?

Censored by Laurie

I know nothing about journalism. But I understand that the writer of the story and the writer of the headline and by-line are usually not the same person. I didn't like the term "pesky" either, but I'm not sure Bret Vito wrote it. Unless and until we start winning, and start having great crowds at Apogee, we may continue to be pesky. Most of us can't contribute on the field, but most of us can buy season tickets and contribute to the Mean Green Club. To do any less just seems pesky.

I like the coverage the Record-Chronicle gives us and I like Bret's writing style. And I see the local owners of the D R-C frequently at football and basketball games.

Win the Sun Belt

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

He could do a tiny bit better at "showing off" the program.. At least if he has something bad to say he could counter it with something good.. The word "pesky" is still getting to me lol but oh well I support Bret .. I just wish the DRC liked UNT more than its local middle schools ..

They get more money from readers with children in the local middle schools than from readers involved with UNT.

• Upvote 1

I know nothing about journalism. But I understand that the writer of the story and the writer of the headline and by-line are usually not the same person. I didn't like the term "pesky" either, but I'm not sure Bret Vito wrote it. Unless and until we start winning, and start having great crowds at Apogee, we may continue to be pesky. Most of us can't contribute on the field, but most of us can buy season tickets and contribute to the Mean Green Club. To do any less just seems pesky.

I like the coverage the Record-Chronicle gives us and I like Bret's writing style. And I see the local owners of the D R-C frequently at football and basketball games.

Win the Sun Belt

GO MEAN GREEN

This...well said Joe! I, too, see these folks at UNT events and not just athletic events. So to indicate that they are not supportive of UNT not really correct. Brett does what Brett does. I am glad we have a beat writer dedicated to UNT Athletics working in Denton and for the DRC. I've subscribed to the DRC for over 35 years running now, and find it a decent community paper..including the writings of Brett Vito. Now, do i agree with Brett all the time in what he writes? Heck no? But, I am glad of that as it's not his job to write so everyone agrees with him all the time or to always drink green Kool-Aid. Well said, Joe!

• Upvote 1

I don't have any problem with anything he's written in the last year or so. He was maniacally bitter against Todd Dodge and it took a while for that to wear off....and that's undoubtedly still the case with many posters here who still hold it against Vito for his criticism of Dodge. It'll pass with time. Vito is a talented dude. He just had the misfortune of having to cover the NAACP bullShite that blew up in Dodge's first year---which resulted in Dodge and his coaching staff hating his guts (ok, that's heresay) and making Vito's job difficult for 3 years. IMPO.

I like and support Brett Vito. What's the point in nitpicking journalists anyway? The man's doing his job and whatnot.

He's not supposed to be a cheerleader. He's just supposed to report the news on UNT sporting events, and write editorial/human interest type stories from time to time as well.

He does a good job, calling coaches and players and other newspapers and whatnot. I don't know what the hell else people expect?

You used whatnot twice in one posting. +1

• Upvote 2

I have asked myself if Vito and I watched the same game after every game this season. His thoughts reflect what someone would think if they just looked at a stat line to me. I think a young and enthusiastic sports reporter, maybe a graduate or student from UNT, is needed.

Heck, just someone who will watch the games and is knowledgeable of the sport of season.

Edited by Greenhorn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've never seen a high school football game in my life, so I shouldn't care one bit, yet I find myself maniacally searching scores on Friday nights, rooting against Marble Falls. That can't be healthy.

Marble Falls has your picture posted at every stadium entrance.

It's true, I've seen it. (Shortly before I was denied entrance and forcibly removed from the property.)

• Upvote 1

What do you all want from Vito? He updates his blog daily when he gets literally next to nothing from Mac good lord.

I'm not sure if this is a bit or not, but I'm getting tired of posts complaining about Vito when it's f'ing FOOTBALL SEASON. We spent all off season talking about uniforms, attendance, how bad Denton sports fans suck, yet when we're three weeks in to the football season there's not one, but two topics on our beat writer?

WTF?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What do you all want from Vito? He updates his blog daily when he gets literally next to nothing from Mac good lord.

I'm not sure if this is a bit or not, but I'm getting tired of posts complaining about Vito when it's f'ing FOOTBALL SEASON. We spent all off season talking about uniforms, attendance, how bad Denton sports fans suck, yet when we're three weeks in to the football season there's not one, but two topics on our beat writer?

WTF?

I appreciate his updates, but as far as commenting on how the football team has performed I question it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, it's all just got to be part of a large DFW anti UNT conspiracy. Otherwise, why even start threads about it? And is it possible that the threads themselves are hoaxes, planted by SMU fans, DFW mainstream media outlets, Denton establishment types, and anyone living in Denia Park who isn't named Pedro? Threads to make us take up time scrolling through "Vito doesn't love us enough" postings before actually getting to football talk. We can't really be sure until we PERSONALLY question those alleged to have started the "Vito" threads in the football forum at this most sacred football time of year. I mean, their accounts could have been hacked, and they're being blamed for this while they're actually vacationing in Aruba or some such place.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 3

in·con·ceiv·a·ble

[in-kuhn-see-vuh-buhl] adjective

1. not conceivable; unimaginable; unthinkable

2. unbelievable; incredible.

#Sarcasm

Edited by GreenBat
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, it's all just got to be part of a large DFW anti UNT conspiracy. Otherwise, why even start threads about it? And is it possible that the threads themselves are hoaxes, planted by SMU fans, DFW mainstream media outlets, Denton establishment types, and anyone living in Denia Park who isn't named Pedro? Threads to make us take up time scrolling through "Vito doesn't love us enough" postings before actually getting to football talk. We can't really be sure until we PERSONALLY question those alleged to have started the "Vito" threads in the football forum at this most sacred football time of year. I mean, their accounts could have been hacked, and they're being blamed for this while they're actually vacationing in Aruba or some such place.

. LOL, thank you. Just so everybody knows, the wife and I weren't the only people who were walking down Willowwood towards Apogee for the TSU game, and there were two or three houses that were selling parking on their lawns. Looks like a few people in the park may be coming to their senses.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pointing everything out that you don't like is the definition of Drama Queen.

Don't think I was the one that pointed it out.

Think I just commented on it, much like you.

I think it's funny how far the Vito defenders go to try to explain a gaff, and how far Vito's haters will go to jump on every little thing he writes.

• Upvote 2

Don't think I was the one that pointed it out.

Think I just commented on it, much like you like 10,000 more times than anyone else on the board.

I think it's funny how far the Vito defenders go to try to explain a gaff, and how far Vito's haters will go to jump on every little thing he writes.

fixed

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1